Pro-gun
283 47%
Anti-gun
258 43%
Unsure
56 9%
Voters: 597.
Page 1 of 16
So this seems to be a hot issue, but It's important. Are you FOR the safe and responsible ownership and use of firearms? Do you believe in our second amendment? Do you believe in Hilary Clinton's proposal to ban civilians from owning handguns? Post your thoughts.

Personally, I am very pro-gun. Many people thinking they are just for people to kill each other, but they can be used for recreational purposes, hunting, and self defense.
I believe that hunting rifles should be allowed, but not those cutsie little things people put in the pocket and go crazy on the street with...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I support the right to bear arms. I view it as necessary in a free society. However, I support some gun control. I think if you're going to own a gun, you need to know how to use it.

EDIT: I voted pro-gun btw.
I was at a man's house before and he had some miniature AK-47 type gun sitting in a corner in every room of his house "in case someone breaks in." I think that's ridiculous.

EDIT: I'm pro-gun btw, I just think there should be some kind of limits.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Last edited by AtomicPunk7 at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Demonikk
I'm for guns, but then again, I am Britain's redneck

I approve of you
Pro-gun.

However, it's too easy to get one in the States. I think there should be an approval committee or some kind of RELIABLE screening procedures.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Guns should only be in the hands of the responsible people, i.e. the armed forces we have here. It's ridiculous that if people see someone breaking into a house, they think it's perfectly reasonable to gun them down, and the second amendment is the biggest load of horse shit since the moon landing.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The world would be a better place without guns in it.

The world would also be a better place if high quality meat was attainable at any local supermarket like Wal-Mart, and it was void of burglars, criminals, rapists, and the like.
Abolish the gun registry. Whether you're pro-gun or anti-gun, criminals will always have them. Having them illegal or having a gun registry won't prevent criminals from having guns. Gun restrictions affect the people that wish to own a gun for self protection or hunting, not the criminals.
I'm pro gun, i think it's a shit situation when the population of a country are powerless to defend themselves against the state when push comes to shove.

I'd also like to have a gun for home defence and people should be able to carry them if they want to aswell for personal protection.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Why?

exactly, why, a gun is a gun, no matter how or why it is used
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by Amaseng
The world would also be a better place if high quality meat was attainable at any local supermarket like Wal-Mart, and it was void of burglars, criminals, rapists, and the like.

When I said the world will be a better place without guns I meant the murderers and rapists wouldn't have guns either.

Society isn't very great if we can't solve problems without shooting metal slugs into people.
Quote by CTFOD
Guns should only be in the hands of the responsible people, i.e. the armed forces we have here. It's ridiculous that if people see someone breaking into a house, they think it's perfectly reasonable to gun them down, and the second amendment is the biggest load of horse shit since the moon landing.

No, if 3 huge men break into YOUR house in the middle of the night, dressed in all black, and you can't get to a phone, you have the right to shoot them. Shoot to kill? Not necessarily. Shoot to injure or incarcerate? Absolutely.
Reminds me of Flight of the Conchords.

"Greg are you pro or anti-AIDS?"
"Anti, Murray..."
"Can you do a quick check around the office, see if anyone's pro-AIDS?"
"I... Anyone pro-AIDS?"
i live in Texas so.........
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I am very pro-gun. That's all I have to say and not start up a flame war.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
My reasoning is, the less control the man has over us, the better.

If people want guns, let there be guns. Like you said, they can be useful, and fun. I mean, what the hell, there wouldn't be much point in hunting if you didn't have a gun. How else are you gonna kill a bird in a tree, throw rocks at it?
Quote by Amaseng
No, if 3 huge men break into YOUR house in the middle of the night, dressed in all black, and you can't get to a phone, you have the right to shoot them. Shoot to kill? Not necessarily. Shoot to injure or incarcerate? Absolutely.

Castle doctrine ftw
ohai little sig.
I am pro, just for self defense purposes.

Because the bad guys can always get guns, so if guns are outlawed it wont really stop the problem. My dad had a handgun and it always made me feel safer when I was younger.
I hail from Arizona, USA. Call me a tuskan raider (star wars)

I LOVE YOU

Yes, as you have guessed, unless it was related to bacon, the above post was probably foolish and immature. I'm sorry.
Quote by guitaruboy
if guns are banned then only criminals would have them

and you know who was for gun control? hitler

You think that's an argument against gun control?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Indifferent, until I'm shot.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'm 'pro-gun' in the sense that I think people should be allowed to own them. I do however think that obtaining them should be very difficult and they should not be allowed in places like restaurants, theaters, bars, etc.

I do think that people obsessed with owning guns are cowards though and I make no apologies for that.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures
There will never not be violent criminals, untill you stop violent crime people will be forced to fight against the bad guy with force.

Which is why we need ninja sticks:

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

If it wasn't for guns and other projectile weapons, we wouldn't have such lyrics as "shot through the heart and you're to blame." Therefore ridding the world of one of the most annoying songs ever.

I agree, the world would be better without guns.

Say no to guns. Say no to Bon Jovi.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

How would you kill people with explosives from a safe distance then?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
As a non-American, I think your 2nd Amendment is a bunch of shit. You can defend yourself without a gun, or it is because you're all too lazy to chase a guy with a bat?

No legal guns = far less gun crime, therefore = less dead people and less violent gangs.

Last year there was something like 20 gun related murders in the UK. We don't have legal guns, and I will bet you that 20 murders happen every WEEK in a city like Detroit or LA.

Quote by King Twili
How would you kill people with explosives from a safe distance then?

Grenade?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Amaseng

So by your logic, a TV and some money > People
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by CTFOD
So by your logic, a TV and some money > People

So by your logic: 3 criminals > Wife and kids.

See how that argument works?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
ban all automatics/assault rifles/rpgs/etc.

keep everything else controlled (registration, background check, etc.)

tbh guns seem like a waste of money though. if i had one i'd never use it.
Go Veg.