I'm just wondering what will i need to record my band from home and is it possible to get decent quality recordings under £500? i currently have a line 6 UX2 and i don't think it would be possible to record everything from that. I'v had a look around at different drum mics and vocal mics but i don't really know what I'm looking for.

So I'm just asking what set up do i need and is it possible to do it under £500?

Many Thanks in advance!!
JAMIE IS HERE!!!!!!
Has your drummer got an electric kit? Because im presuming they only have an acoustic one. And some decent drum mics would be good, i've seen some for about £100, but im sure your UX2 could handle everything couldnt it? Vocals, guitar, bass and electric kit no problem, acoustic kit, you'd need mics. And if you dont like the POD farm or whatever, spend this £500 on a new plug in. I've heard the peavey one is cool.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
yeah its an acoustic kit and if i did mic it up then im not sure how i wuld put all the mics into the UX2 because it only has 2 inputs for mics, so im not sure
JAMIE IS HERE!!!!!!
Quote by seasiders
I'm just wondering what will i need to record my band from home and is it possible to get decent quality recordings under £500? i currently have a line 6 UX2 and i don't think it would be possible to record everything from that. I'v had a look around at different drum mics and vocal mics but i don't really know what I'm looking for.

So I'm just asking what set up do i need and is it possible to do it under £500?

Many Thanks in advance!!

If you want to mic shit up -

M-Audio Profire 2626 - 8 inputs - £300-350

Samson 7kit - £120-200

Look for second hand stuff.

If you want to keep your current interface and play sensible, because recording a dud or low quality untuned (no doubt) drum kit is a waste of time then;

Alesis DM5-Pro - £250-350
Steven Slate Drums - £50

Connect through a midi device of some sort.
Owen - Sound Engineer - Mixing & Editing Available, PM for details.