I'm going on a trip for 2 weeks without a guitar...is there a way i can keep progressing as far as muscle building and dexterity?
actually there is a method where you practice intensely on guitar then take a break (1 week usually) and when you get back you are sort of refreshed and your playing has gone up. I used to do that when I had vacations and would practice a lot before hand then just enjoy my vacation. When i got back my playing was noticeably better.

Try enjoying your vacation and think of the rest as letting your muscles in your fingers regrowing haha
Yeah, a break sometimes helps me internalize all the new stuff I've been doing. If you want to keep improving, you could get a book on theory (or read about it on the internet if you have access there.) That'll hugely benefit your playing.
The guy's a beast, but he uses 8s. So he's shit.
-juckfush on Alex Hutchings.
Quote by TTWG
I'm going on a trip for 2 weeks without a guitar...is there a way i can keep progressing as far as muscle building and dexterity?

no
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Riffman15
take a book on music theory with you...

i already am lol
Don't sweat it. My teacher took lessons from a virtuoso Polish pianist (no, I don't have a name, and no, I don't care if you call me out on it) who would spend one month out of every year NOT playing just so he would be refreshed for the next eleven months.

Also, I took a month's vacation last summer and broke through several barriers in my playing once I returned.

You'll be fine.
Quote by Junior#1
Gilbert mutes with both hands. Palm muting and left hand muting. As for anchoring, he doesn't. He doesn't need to. After all, he's the creator of life, the universe, and everything.
I try to go through melodies, rhythms, drum beats, bass lines, as much stuff as I can think of (even horns sometimes) in my head. Just listen to the stereo, and think what having an extra guitar in there would sound like, try to anticipate changes, phrases, etc.

A true artist is never not practicing. Whether its framing a particularly cool tree, or coming up with a melody to the beat of the train while you wait, theres all kinds of stuff out there.

Most of all, don't worry too much about it! Vacations are nice!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I try to go through melodies, rhythms, drum beats, bass lines, as much stuff as I can think of (even horns sometimes) in my head. Just listen to the stereo, and think what having an extra guitar in there would sound like, try to anticipate changes, phrases, etc.

A true artist is never not practicing. Whether its framing a particularly cool tree, or coming up with a melody to the beat of the train while you wait, theres all kinds of stuff out there.

Most of all, don't worry too much about it! Vacations are nice!
Exactly. How did I forget? Just listen to music. You're as much a musician as you are a guitarist.
The guy's a beast, but he uses 8s. So he's shit.
-juckfush on Alex Hutchings.
Quote by TTWG

Just enjoy your vacation and play when you come back.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I don't know for how long you been playing but I know some tips for maintaing your calluses. It isn't a real issue but if you become worried for your rugged fingers you can try scrape your fingertips with something like a steakknife. Wet tarmac or anything similar also works fine.
Then again, your calluses will grow back very quickly after your vacation.
Quote by Fender Dane.
I don't know for how long you been playing but I know some tips for maintaing your calluses. It isn't a real issue but if you become worried for your rugged fingers you can try scrape your fingertips with something like a steakknife. Wet tarmac or anything similar also works fine.
Then again, your calluses will grow back very quickly after your vacation.

That, quite frankly, is a f*cking retarded suggestion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i find wanking helps with my howe like vibrato
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
i find wanking helps with my howe like vibrato

I think a large number of guys should have perfect vibratos if this is the case.
Quote by Morik
I think a large number of guys should have perfect vibratos if this is the case.

the exceedingly large girth of my wang makes transferring the technique to even the fattest gibson neck awkward...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
the exceedingly large girth of my wang makes transferring the technique to even the fattest gibson neck awkward...

That's where I have the 1-up. My ultra long, yet normal girthed wang gives me superior guitar emulation.