Yes
22 9%
No
193 79%
E.T phone home!
30 12%
Voters: 245.
Page 1 of 3
Do you think we are alone in the universe or do you think there is life out there weither intelligent,stupid or just animals or insects?

i am mostly undecided but i would have to say yes

so what is every ones thoughts on it?
Yes, there probably is life. But it's probably even less intelligent than we are.
I would say stupid.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
There is no possible evidence or existence of life outside of the planet Earth.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

We are alone in this vast universe.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think that it is way more foolish to not believe that there could be life somewhere else than to believe there isn't any considering how many stars there are in universe and how many planets could revolve around those stars and the probability of water being on those planets.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
If you think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe then you must be either stupid or arrogant. Have you seen the size of the Milky Way? Have you seen the amount of visible galaxies? Have you tried to to comprehend the amount of galaxies that we can't see?

There is surely life. If not in our star system, then the galaxy. If not the galaxy, the universe.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Do you mean in the physical sense of an extraterrestrial or in the sense of a deity?

I think there's a good chance there is other life out there.
god dammit. i read the question wrong. I was thinking "yes, there is other life" and voted "yes". I should have said "No, we're not alone".

Disregard that one vote for "Yes".
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
This thread again.

Well you see, the sun is up there all being a star and shit, and we got all these little kickass planets rotating around the bitch.

THERE ARE BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF STARS. Of course there is more life out there somewhere.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
no, but they're not intelligent. Or, they're not more intelligent than us.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by lespaul1216
god dammit. i read the question wrong. I was thinking "yes, there is other life" and voted "yes". I should have said "No, we're not alone".

Disregard that one vote for "Yes".

Same here
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Ganoosh

They're more intelligent if they know not to talk to us. And I don't mean that as a compliment to us.
Quote by JayT44
This thread again.

Well you see, the sun is up there all being a star and shit, and we got all these little kickass planets rotating around the bitch.

THERE ARE BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF STARS. Of course there is more life out there somewhere.

Your thinking is stifling to the word of god. Those suns revolve around the planet Earth!

Quote by Ganoosh

If we're the most intelligent species in the universe then the universe is ****ed
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by MightyAl
Yes, there probably is life. But it's probably even less intelligent than we are.

Mighty high opinion of mankind.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by KirkMetallica
If we're the most intelligent species in the universe then the universe is ****ed

I highly doubt we are the most intelligent but that doesn't mean that more intelligent life has space ships and what not flying through the universe.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
There might very well be life somewhere out there, since the universe is so large. We'll probably never come across it though, since the universe is so large.
if the universe is as infinite as they say it is, their has to be a planet just like earth, in which case their's probably life there too, cool
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Nelsean
Your thinking is stifling to the word of god. Those suns revolve around the planet Earth!

So you're tellin' me that this place called Earth. It's a planet. And it controls the universe?

Damn hippies. The universe revolves around Heaven obviously.

You a satanist or smth?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Nelsean is making me .

From a purely statistical standpoint, it'd be unbelievably improbable if we are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe. Given the vast distances involved, it's really unlikely that we'll ever encounter extraterrestrial life, but it makes for cool science fiction.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
No we are not alone. It is pretty much ridiculous to think that we are alone in the universe while there is no evidence that other life exists out there the fact that we are here should be testament enough.

The sheer size of the universe means there are just so many opportunities for there to be life. The numbers here are simply massive..the estimate is that our galaxy contains 100 billion stars and there are possibly hundreds of billions of galaxies...you cant tell me that with all those stars there cant be another capable of sustaining some form of life.

A more interesting question is the whole visitors thing...
Yes i'm confident life exists outside of our solar system.

However I also believe the chances of us actually meeting up is next to impossible
I hail from Arizona, USA. Call me a tuskan raider (star wars)

I LOVE YOU

Yes, as you have guessed, unless it was related to bacon, the above post was probably foolish and immature. I'm sorry.
There's a possibility that we were created by some ET motherfunkers, for the purpose of reproduction, so that they could pick out the finest among us after a few million years. Either that, or we have a lot of room in the 'verse to feel shit out lonely. Let's play some music for the glory of both thoughts.
The Sun is one of 100-400 billion stars in the Milky Way, which in turn is located in a galactic supercluster that is 100 billion times the size of the Milky way itself, and this supercluster is one of millions in the known universe - in the short the universe is incomprehensively big, so how can we possibly be alone?

Infact id be willing to bet that we're not even alone in the Solar System...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Quote by Mr. Smith
Yes i'm confident life exists outside of our solar system.

However I also believe the chances of us actually meeting up is next to impossible

Yea prety much...it is a very interesting notion...
Quote by JayT44
So you're tellin' me that this place called Earth. It's a planet. And it controls the universe?

Damn hippies. The universe revolves around Heaven obviously.

You a satanist or smth?

The universe revolves around Earth. Earth is the beacon to the universe, the lighthouse.

The only way for life to exist within the universe is to

Quote by barfrog
The Sun is one of 100-400 billion stars in the Milky Way, which in turn is located in a galactic supercluster that is 100 billion times the size of the Milky way itself, and this supercluster is one of millions in the known universe - in the short the universe is incomprehensively big, so how can we possibly be alone?

Infact id be willing to bet that we're not even alone in the Solar System...

There could be life on one of the moons of Saturn or Jupiter.
Quote by Nelsean
The universe revolves around Earth. Earth is the beacon to the universe, the lighthouse.

The only way for life to exist within the universe is to

Is to?!

Is to?!

Is to what?!?!

It... it ends right there. Now we'll never know what he was going to say.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
The chances of Earth being the only planet with life in it is just very low considering how many galaxies, stars and planets are scattered throughout the uiverse. There is definately extraterrestrial life out somewhere.
Last edited by kenvy at Jun 15, 2010,
Guys, lolpenispoll.
Bertolt Bretcht

Oh btw, if any astronaut can get to the moon, then hes an alien, lol.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
an important part of this question is how you are going to classify "life." microorganisms? humanoids like us?
I hail from Arizona, USA. Call me a tuskan raider (star wars)

I LOVE YOU

Yes, as you have guessed, unless it was related to bacon, the above post was probably foolish and immature. I'm sorry.
If there is/was life elsewhere in the universe I think it's unlikely that it would exist in the same incredibly small timeframe that we do.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
If there is/was life elsewhere in the universe I think it's unlikely that it would exist in the same incredibly small timeframe that we do.

I've never thought about that before...

*insert obligatory can of worms pic*

That's a very intruiging concept you've just brought up.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Page 1 of 3