I have noticed a problem in my picking. when it pick a note or chord when I lift my finger I hear a scratchy sound. I have tried to find a soulution I have tried different techniques and nothing I also play very relaxed can anyone help me improve??? Yes and by relaxed I mean with the appropriate tension and so
Breakin` the Law!
Last edited by rasta_mon at Jun 15, 2010,
don't play very relaxed.

you have to be loose and limber...but controlled and deliberate - this means controlling your hands so they control your strings. you are in control of the guitar and all sounds and tones are a result of your hands. therefore...the only solution to your technique is to teach yourself through repetition to control the strings you don't want to sound. Palm muting, fret hand muting, and controlled picking are the 3 most basic, and best, ways to accomplish this.

if you're recording...try adding a dampener to your strings. any strings not used in the recorded part, simply brace them with foam or wrap them with a cleaning cloth at the bridge of the guitar. this won't make them silent but it will help.
Quote by gogreyhound
don't play very relaxed.

you have to be loose and limber...but controlled and deliberate - this means controlling your hands so they control your strings. you are in control of the guitar and all sounds and tones are a result of your hands. therefore...the only solution to your technique is to teach yourself through repetition to control the strings you don't want to sound. Palm muting, fret hand muting, and controlled picking are the 3 most basic, and best, ways to accomplish this.

if you're recording...try adding a dampener to your strings. any strings not used in the recorded part, simply brace them with foam or wrap them with a cleaning cloth at the bridge of the guitar. this won't make them silent but it will help.

yes I mute them inmediately when I lift my finger but in between I can hear it.
Breakin` the Law!