Ha. If you thought I was stupid enough to wash my guitar, think again.
The result of constant sleep deprivation and overuse of energy drinks suddenly gave me a crazy idea that few people have tried: washing your guitar.

Please, we all have a common understanding of electronics so please don't try to be a smart arse by teaching us the properties of water.

So, your opinion? I am NOT going to try this.
Maybe sleep more? And lay off the energy drinks?

If not, a damp cloth will do, so long as you touch nothing electrical (duh )
I tihnk Dunlop sell guitar polish too, but Ive never tried it myself.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I got a crazier idea... throw a guitar in the sea!
This thread is not going to be serious. Not quite serious.
I find just throwing them in the washing machine works well
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Reminds me of the thread of the guy who dropped his guitar in a puddle, and then put it in a bucket of water to wash off the grime.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
^^ Troll sig? Lolzy!
If it has not batteries (active pickups), you can just give the whole thing, nooks and crannies and all, a good, delicious wipedown with a damp cloth, then dry with a dry cloth.
no, just a pointless attempt at making a funny. It's about as lame as this thread is :P
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by Colgate Total
Reminds me of the thread of the guy who dropped his guitar in a puddle, and then put it in a bucket of water to wash off the grime.

Wow. How in the hell did his guitar get into a puddle?
Quote by BlackSabba
Wow. How in the hell did his guitar get into a puddle?

He was biking or something and it fell.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by TomG10-7
Maybe sleep more? And lay off the energy drinks?

If not, a damp cloth will do, so long as you touch nothing electrical (duh )
I tihnk Dunlop sell guitar polish too, but Ive never tried it myself.

My friend did that. You know what happened? He suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and told me:
"dood. Dio's not dead. He's on retirement teaching the angels how to rock. After all he deserves a nice rest."
Therefore I justify voluntary sleep deprivation!
I use a furniture polish on my guitars it gives my guitars a bright lasting shine and makes them smell like lemon. I have been doing this for years and I have not seen any wear or corrosion on the finish or the hardware I do not spray the polish directly on the pickups just in case it could seep in and screw them up or remove the wax around he coils.
I've heard of people washing the neck with dish detergent.

Has anyone ever tried washing the body(of course after removing the electronics?)
I expect it would shine.
I removed electronics from a keyboard once or twice and washed all the dirt off with soap liquid thing. Extremely smooth now, very good for speed typing. Kind of like the "Wizard neck of keyboards." Once, my PS2 controller had an unresponsive button. I opened it up. I saw disgusting brown stuff inside, it looked like there were 22 cockroaches that bombed themselves up. I checked the button, and it was FULL of that brown stuff. I tried cleaning it but there was too much. At least I improved it(I thought.) BUT, I plugged in the controller and the button was as unresponsive as ever. BTW, the button still works, but I need to push ultra hard. Hard enough to form calluses on my thumbs. Good 'ol non guitar calluses.
Off-topic much?
A little bit.