Hi there!

So I recently went to my local guitar center and purchased a new amplifier (Peavey Bandit 112 =)!) and while I was there I mentioned to the salesman (who is a friend) how much it would cost to get my guitar professionally set up. He said around $65 is generous, plus the string cost. Now, I'm not going to do so immediately, as I don't have the money, but possibly before I go back to college I would get both of my guitars (my acoustic and electric) set up. I'm just curious if you guys think that $65 (plus strings and per guitar) would be worth it? and do you think I could get it done cheaper elsewhere? I don't know of any local guitar shops in my area that I could ask, but I'm going to look around in a bit.
Learn how to do it yourself, and do it for free. To your exact spec.

Win - win.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Yes, you can find cheaper but also like Vauxite said learn how to do it and you'll be happier with the results.
Schecter C-1+
Crestwood Strat Copy (Modded Single Humbucker)
OLP MM2
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ampeg B25B
Ampeg SVT 15e
RCG Doubleneck #1
$65 for a setup is very expensive. Most places will usually charge between $30-$40. Personally I only charge $20 plus the cost of strings, but I do agree with the previous posters learn to do it yourself. Everyone is different and has a different style of playing. If you take your guitars to someone to have them set up they will come back with the, for lack of a better word, default settings on them and a lot of people find that those settings don't work well for them.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
i want to live where you folks live, $50+ is the going price for a setup here.

$65 does seem a little dear though, i would shop around and find somebody cheaper. as much as learning to do it yourself is definately a good idea, a pro setup every now and again isnt a bad idea either (i get 1-2 a year per guitar and do a couple more myself)