Sorry guys, i've got to vent somewhere.

Here goes:

I'm so freakin tired of FLAKY musicians! Like maybe its just the area I live in (Columbia, South Carolina) but it is so freakin' hard to find reliable musicians around here!

My band just finished spending a month putting together a three song demo to send to bookers at local clubs, sent the stuff out and then our drummer (who we thought was tight) flakes on us when we start trying to line up dates.

It is so irritating, and embarrasing having to tell the bookers "oh, sorry, nevermind"

Anybody else have stuff like this happen to them?

If everybody wants we could make this the venting thread?
So...

you think that's only musicians that do that?
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
There already is a Venting Thread. It's called "Can't say it? Sound off here!" Also there's the Hugging Thread if your venting requires support/condolences/advice. If there's nothing to discuss.... blog it.

Looks like you shoulda blogged this one.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

No, I truelly believe that most musicians are decent reliable individual wanting to play some music. We (band) have been playing together for awhile. The drummer being the newest member. We thought we had a good fit for us because we'd been playing for months and really devloping that tightness as musicians and then he flakes out out of nowhere.

It's just hugely dicouraging for me.

Especially in my neck of the woods where good reliable musicians are hard to find.
I'm learning how to drum in addition to already playing guitar and bass because everyone in the town is a god damn flake when it comes to playing, or just plain suck. Just tell the truth and say "Get your shit together or get out of the band, asshole. You're more of a hindrance than a help to us."
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
'Welcome to my world. I've had three bands fall apart and two of them fell apart thanks to flaky musicians.

I honestly relate to you there. This is my second band.

Quote by JohnnyApplecore
I'm learning how to drum in addition to already playing guitar and bass because everyone in the town is a god damn flake when it comes to playing, or just plain suck. Just tell the truth and say "Get your shit together or get out of the band, asshole. You're more of a hindrance than a help to us."

Where are you from? That sounds exactly like my town!
Last edited by inplaneview at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by inplaneview
I honestly relate to you there. This is my second band.

The only reason I learnt to drum in the first was because my first drummer flaked out smack bang before we were to go into the recording studio. I ended up learning to drum and learning our 5 song set in the space of a month.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
The only reason I learnt to drum in the first was because my first drummer flaked out smack bang before we were to go into the recording studio. I ended up learning to drum and learning our 5 song set in the space of a month.

It's really is so discouraging. It's worse when you were tight with them too. Like been playing for awhile. Did your drummer give you a reason for flaking? Or you just never heard from him again? I think I wouldn't mind some much if our drummer had given us a reason for leaving, but nothing.

But I will say, that battling with unreliable musicians does force you to become one hell of a multi-instrumentist.
Quote by inplaneview
It's really is so discouraging. It's worse when you were tight with them too. Like been playing for awhile. Did your drummer give you a reason for flaking? Or you just never heard from him again? I think I wouldn't mind some much if our drummer had given us a reason for leaving, but nothing.

But I will say, that battling with unreliable musicians does force you to become one hell of a multi-instrumentist.

I dunno. he had a legit reason for missing a couple of practices (illness in one case and a work appointment in the other) but otherwise he just flaked out without any real explanation.

it did me a favor though: I can now play worship band drums, something I have always wanted to do.
GTFO.
Take it to the 'Can't say it sound it off here' thread.
*reported*
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"