Hey all,

I am looking for a new amp. I'm on the last floor of an apartment building and share my apartment with two other guys that don't necessarily want to hear me play. I also move around a lot, relocating at least every 4 months, usually moving by bus/train/plane (no car).

I am looking for something I could carry around and that wouldn't bother the people I am living with too much. I looked at the Line 6 PODs. I was wondering how they sound with headphones and if using an amp modeler with headphones is just a bad idea (bad sound quality)?

Anyway, what would you do?
Well, anything that is small and strong enough to move around regularly and not bother other people with loudness, isn't going to sound studio quality or anything like the tones that your idols get.

That in mind, a Line 6 pod is a very good choice with you, get one of those and a decent set of over-ear headphones and that will sound absolutly fine for personal practice.

If I were in your position, I would do that.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
It is mostly for practice, so I am not expecting the best sound quality. On the headphone side I have a couple of good Sennheiser cans (HD555 and HD280) so this shouldn't be a problem.
Awsome, in that case, the POD should suit you very well, sir.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.