Hey guys, i'm not sure if this is the forum to post in, but I'll post it here anyway. Just now I was playing my Hagstrom Ultra Swede and I used the switch to coil tap the bridge pickup and there was no sound. Nothing. Then I flipped it back and everything worked fine. I used my pickup selector to go to the neck pickup and it worked when the coil tap was engaged, but the bridge pickup has no sound. Why is that? Its always worked and all of a sudden it just stops. I didn't drop it or do anything to it. I'm stumped.
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Sounds like some soldering has come undone or something along those lines, if you don't know much about that kinda stuff yourself, you should take it to someone who does so that they can have a look at it.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
yea I just looked in it. I'm not good with electrical stuff so I'm not sure how everything should work. I guess I'll have to take it to someone. I don't really use the coil tap for the bridge pickup anyway, but I'd still like to have the option.
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Yeah it's always nice to have everything working as it should. If it's not a massive issue though, just drop it into the guitar shop when you have the time and they should be able to tell pretty much straight away if there is anything wrong with the coil tap, if so they should be able to fix it pretty quickly and pretty cheaply, its a matter of soldering a few wires.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I just showed my dad because hes soldered things before. Hes not great with electrical work but knows a decent amount about it. He said to wiggle the wires around while the guitar is plugged in to see if it would produce a sound if the wires touched a certain spot. We did that and still couldn't get any sound to come out of it. He still wasn't sure exactly where the problem would be (hes never looked at the inside of a guitar before) but he said that if solder was the problem then by moving the wires in a certain way would at least produce a sound, and then we could solder them in place in that spot. So do you think its actually a soldering issue, or could something else be wrong with it?
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
anyone?
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Your dad is kind of right if the solder job is really hack though that test might not work. To be honest its really hard to tell without looking at it though you should probably take it to a tech.
Could be a bad wire, bad switch maybe a bad pickup but if you didn't drop it or anything i doubt the pickup is the culprit.
Good luck!
I don't think its the switch because it works with my neck pickup but when I change to pickup selector to both or the bridge pickup theres no sound. The only thing that seems like it could be is the solder, but I wiggled it around and it still didn't make any sound so I just don't know.
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
its difficult to tell what the problem is without actually seeing whats going on in there. do you possibly have a pic?
If there is a guitar shop near you, just take it in and get them to check it, they'll know straight away by looking at it. It definatly sounds like a soldering issue to me though.

I would suggest taking pictures of the wiring and posting them here, but that's a semi hollow guitar isn't it? That might be hard.
no its a solid body. ok i'll get pics up in a sec. I really don't feel like going to my local shop though, the guys usually busy and it takes a couple days for him to get to my guitar.
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Okay, get the pics, also try posting it in the gear building forum, they know more about modding and wiring and stuff.

The guy in the guitar shop, slap him with a fish.
Ok, I kept it hi resolution so you can see everything.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/322/img5167h.jpg
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser