so i have roughly £700, i think that's at least $1000. To spend on an amp or and amp and a new guitar.

i play alot of stuff, mostly post rock, post hardcore, metal and other things of the like.

i dont' really have anything in mind, i know a good bit about amps and guitars, i just wanted to see what you guys recomend before i decide on anything

i''ll be wanting an all tube amp, that's my only criteria really.

i can't really go used cause of how i'm getting the money.

all suggestions welcome

thanks
line 6 spyder 1!!!!!! best tonez for teh brootz metulz everz!!!!!!!
get a squire fat strat just good fender. get all tone you need by putting in emg hzs they roar with the brootz
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Last edited by budreiser1 at Jun 15, 2010,
bro das totally serious yo me and my bro get the best tonez eva by using no mids its so brootal
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
nah but go with like a bugera 6262 and like an ibanez rg
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Nah nothing in particular. I tend to look at guitars and be like i want that now. Don't wanna get one like that this time. I wanna get a good guitar for a change.
Well if you're thinking of the same kinda beautifully clean amazing post rock as I am, but you also play metal, you need a pretty damn versatile amp, which is the same problem that I have right now trying to pick a new amp.

I've had many ideas, the two best ones were to get a good Fender clean and and run some good pedals infront of it to get some distortion for the heavier stuff, or to buy a used Mesa amp that would do both very well.

Would you rather buy just an amp, or both a new guitar and an amp? If you want a guitar aswell, then that limits the amps that you can afford pretty hugely.

You're pretty limited anyway if you can't go used for £700, especially if you need something versatile, and it sounds like you do.

Are you gigging and what not?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
not too fussed on a guitar, i have a couple i really like.

I am gigging yeah. I don't play much most rock anymore, so a great clean channel isn't essential, i'd like a decent one though. My main priority is good high gain.
A used Mesa F-50 or a Mesa DC-5 should work well for you if you can find one.
In that case.
Look at Peaveys and Bugeras.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Just an amp:
ENGL Thunder 50 Drive E322
Hughes and Kettner Statesman DUAL EL84
Orange Thunder 30 Combo
Marshall 2266C Vintage Modern
plus a great many heads... but then you would need funds for a cab as well.

Now, assuming £350 each for guitar and amp:
Laney VC15-110... um maybe you will need to look at used for other valve amps in this price range!
ESP Guitars LTD MH-100/EX-100/V-100/EC-100
Ibanez RGA32
Epiphone G-400
PRS SE One
Ibanez RG350M
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GRG270B
Yamaha RGX A2
Gretsch G5235T Pro Jet
Epiphone Les Paul Traditional

for some quick suggestions...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by FuzzLove
In that case.
Look at Peaveys and Bugeras.

Haha bugera... my mate's supposedly awesome Bugera amp I played at a gig once went well for the first few songs, but as soon as I turned it to clean, it sounded like a bit dirty anus enveloped the speakers and only shit came out.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Haha bugera... my mate's supposedly awesome Bugera amp I played at a gig once went well for the first few songs, but as soon as I turned it to clean, it sounded like a bit dirty anus enveloped the speakers and only shit came out.

Never actually played one myself, heard a few demo videos of a few different Bugeras, that's about it. Most people here seem to say that the clean channels are much better than the Peaveys that they are copying, and the distortion is as good if not better.

Your comment dosn't suprise me though, they are made by Behringer after all.
OH please, Bugeras aren't that bad. Even the ones that originally came out would last a while if you weren't an idiot and were nice to your amps :p

But seriously, most of the problems were easily fixable, and worked fine after that. The new ones are much better, and having played each run, I can say that with confidence.

^^^^ Your buddy know how to EQ? Last Boog I played had pretty good cleans for a high-gain head.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--