Alright.
So, I've been on a hit right now.
And been addicted to listening to some modern glam/hair metal bands... and well. Didn't know exactly where to post this; but here seems like a good bet.

anyway.
i'm running low on new bands, so if anyone could reccomend me some similar ones - because I know there is a lot of underground glam/hair metal stuff...

Some of my favorite stuff bands in the genre are...

Vains of Jenna - Enemy In Me
Crashdiet - Breaking The Chainz
Hardcore Superstore - We Don't Celebrate Sundays
Mama Kin - In The City
Dirty Penny - Midnight Ride

anyway.

TL;DR... Post some good modern glam/hair metal bands.
Mad Margritt
Alleycat Scratch
Bang Camaro
Sweet Cheater
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I would reccommend Taking Dawn and Cauldron. Taking Dawn is probably just a touch more aggressive than what you're thinking of, and they're not really underground. Cauldron is not exactly glam; they're more along the line of traditional metal like Iron Maiden. But they may yet satisfy your needs.

Taking Dawn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4gCf62y_E4
Cauldron - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJAZGLayBA

EDIT: I checked out all of those bands TS mentioned, and they all suck, except for Dirty Penny, who were rad.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by pitobodies
I would reccommend Taking Dawn and Cauldron. Taking Dawn is probably just a touch more aggressive than what you're thinking of, and they're not really underground. Cauldron is not exactly glam; they're more along the line of traditional metal like Iron Maiden. But they may yet satisfy your needs.

Taking Dawn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4gCf62y_E4
Cauldron - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJAZGLayBA

EDIT: I checked out all of those bands TS mentioned, and they all suck, except for Dirty Penny, who were rad.

Ah, thanks dude.

Also... If everyone in this world liked the exact same music. It'd be pretty bland.
(;

AND HOLY SHIT.
CAULDRON, IS PRETTY AMAZING.
My mind, has been blown a bit.

Quote by strumandbang
Wow. :O I didn't know new bands were trying to revive glam metal.

Aha. Yeah.
Most of them are Swedish. Sweden has a huge hair metal/glam fanbase.
Like... In the links I posted earlier...

Vains of Jenna is from Falkenburg, Sweden and is now based in Los Angeles.
Crashdiet is from Stockholm, Sweden...
Hardcore Superstar is from Gothenburg, Sweden.
Mama Kin is from somewhere is Sweden... Forget exactly where.
And, well Dirty Penny isn't from Sweden. More or less from Santa Cruz/Los Angeles.
I checked out these groups, and one thing I'm not seeing is the power ballad. You can't have a glam metal group without a power ballad. Even the sleaziest bands from the 80s had them: Faster Pussycat = "House of Pain", LA Guns = "The Ballad of Jayne", Kix = "Don't Close Your Eyes", Vinnie Vincent Invasion = "Love Kills". That's what launched these groups to stardom and got them laid.
Quote by strumandbang
I checked out these groups, and one thing I'm not seeing is the power ballad. You can't have a glam metal group without a power ballad. Even the sleaziest bands from the 80s had them: Faster Pussycat = "House of Pain", LA Guns = "The Ballad of Jayne", Kix = "Don't Close Your Eyes", Vinnie Vincent Invasion = "Love Kills". That's what launched these groups to stardom and got them laid.

Yeah.
Aha.
I was having the exact same conversation with the other 80's junkie at my school today.

Shit sucks.
1500 kids in my highschool...
And there's only two that actually like any music close to what I like.
This creepy kid who spends his entire day in the library. He doesn't even read. he just sits there... And this girl in grade 10.