My bandmates and I are playing some songs like "holiday" and "letterbomb" that have a megaphone sounding vocal part. We figured that we could use my walkie talkies and connect one to the mixer ( Eurorack ub1622 FX-Pro ) using the speaker output on the walkie talkie. This worked but we get insanely bad feedback from the PA (bass amp) we are using. Does anyone know a way we could cut the feedback down or should we try something else to get that sound?
I saw a video of Muse playing their cover of Feelin Good in which the singer sings through a megaphone, and did so in the live version, seemed like it worked. I guess it's worth a try.
Quote by stasz
I saw a video of Muse playing their cover of Feelin Good in which the singer sings through a megaphone, and did so in the live version, seemed like it worked. I guess it's worth a try.

Quote by slingshotjr
uhm...buy a megaphone???

well i figured that since i already had some walkie talkies i might as well try to find a way to do it.
Quote by DuhSpesoBoyz
well i figured that since i already had some walkie talkies i might as well try to find a way to do it.

You could either buy a megaphone, or just mike one of the walky talkies, instead of plugging it in
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
PS Letterbomb is a dope song, and props to your band for wanting to accurately recreate it down to the megaphone sound vocals in some parts
Just kick in an EQ. Cut out all the bass and most of the midrange - bada bing bada boom - megaphone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Just kick in an EQ. Cut out all the bass and most of the midrange - bada bing bada boom - megaphone.

it'd work but we don't have someone to stand around the mixer to set the effect and set it back as needed.