i unfortunately left my ibanez 7620 out for a couple days in my basement, and the stock pickups started rusting. would some rubbing of naval jelly fix it? most of the rust is on my bridge pup poles and i think i can see a tiny bit in the neck pups. thanks!
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
Or just do yourself a favor and change out those crappy new 7's to some real dimarzios. Throw a D-Sonic / Air Norton combo in there and you will be happy the stock pickups rusted.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
Or just do yourself a favor and change out those crappy new 7's to some real dimarzios. Throw a D-Sonic / Air Norton combo in there and you will be happy the stock pickups rusted.

A 97' Ibanez RG 7620 does not have crappy pickups by any means.
Quote by ethan_hanus
A 97' Ibanez RG 7620 does not have crappy pickups by any means.

It surely does. They are Dimarzio New 7's. I have owned them. They suck. The neck isn't horrible, but the bridge is one of the worst 7 string pickups on the planet. Ibanez misprinted the 7620 ads back in the day as saying they had blazes, but they did not.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
It surely does. They are Dimarzio New 7's. I have owned them. They suck. The neck isn't horrible, but the bridge is one of the worst 7 string pickups on the planet. Ibanez misprinted the 7620 ads back in the day as saying they had blazes, but they did not.

.... let me show you the stock pickups out of my Squier

Or the stock pickups out of a RG7321, you may not like them, but I can assure you that they are not the worst, and sound just fine for what they are.

TS asked how to take rust off the poles on pickups, not which pickups he should replace them with.

Like said above, sand paper, stainless steel cleaner, never dull(?), you can also try the green scrub pads, or even fine steel wool.
Quote by ethan_hanus
.... let me show you the stock pickups out of my Squier

Or the stock pickups out of a RG7321, you may not like them, but I can assure you that they are not the worst, and sound just fine for what they are.

TS asked how to take rust off the poles on pickups, not which pickups he should replace them with.

Like said above, sand paper, stainless steel cleaner, never dull(?), you can also try the green scrub pads, or even fine steel wool.

You ever cleaned a pickup with steel wool? I can assure you it's not a good idea. Just giving my opinion. Sorry. For me it would not be worth it to clean up those pickups when for about $100 he can upgrade them and make the guitar sound 10 times as good.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500