So, the band I'm In has been really getting to work. We are fInIshIng up a few songs and are going to be joInIng up with some popular bands In are area that dig are stuff. Here Is the problem, I've never played out, I'm nervous as hell, the bands that are hooking us up are good friends and I don't want to let them down,
and I get nervous when people stare at me when I play...

what do I do? disgues maybe?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
You need to get really, really drunk.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
not sure if i want to get really really drunk
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
just man up and embrace the spotlight. if you get up there and have the idea in your head that you're the man, then youll play great. if you go up there second guessing yourself youre more likely to slip up just because of the self doubt
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
its totally natural...truthfully you should go out there and do your best but expect to screw up. It happens sometimes. Just get up there and play. Feel the music and for the love of god stay away from the Crabcore moves and you should be fine.

And most importantly enjoy it...if it isn't fun its not worth doing.
One thing I actually do, is play for people on chatroulette.......they're gonna be as harsh as it gets no matter what, so you get used to it. I do that like twice a week.

NOTE: Many hairy male genitals on there, but if you don't mind coming across them (no pun intended) and just playing for the non-perverts, it actually helps.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
You will be fine, just don't expect to be perfect when you start playing. Just have a good time and remember that is what it is all about!
I need you to be awesome, can you be awesome for me?