will a peavey valveking 112 work with a crate gx412??? i can't find the ohms on the cab anywhere. and yea i know its a bad cab. im not trying to do music as a career, i just want to spread the sound out in a room and i found a good price.
The GX412 is apparently 8 ohms. It will work with the 112 even though it's 16 ohms, but I wouldn't bother buying it. It'd be a bit like spreading a piece of crap around, because honestly the VK sounds pretty bad without any mods.

Instead of going for the Crate, get a used rack EQ, it'll do you alot better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i have an eq pedal and bad monkey and done the dummy jack method and all that in the vk thread. and how wud that work if its 8 ohms?
Because the VK requires 16 ohms impedance, you can connect it to a lower impedance speaker cab, but it'll be a bit harder on the tubes. If you want to fix this, you might wanna look into changing the OT and adding a rotary ohm selector.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Output transformer. It's the big square thing on the right side of the back of the amp.

You can do it, but it's a little harder on the tubes to run an 8 ohm cab on 16 ohms impedance. I wouldn't do it because the speakers in the Crate cab are probably not very good, so it'll probably sound like a pile of mud. You'd be better off spending the money for the cab on a new output transformer and the circuit mods, in my opinion, or on an actually good cab, like an Avatar or Mesa cab.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
alright no crate gx412 then. i just want something really cheap to spread out sound, im not worried about getting the perfect tone. so avatar and mesa are no gos for me
are there any other ways to spread sound out so that it doesnt get blocked by the first row of people standing in front of it?