Cardinals Folly - If Rev. Bizz. had borne a child with the The Lamp of Thoth...

...he would make music like Cardinals Folly. Cardinals Folly is a doom metal band from Finland. Vocals sound like a perverted mix between Sir Albert Witchfinder with the eccentric leanings of that crazy lad in The Lamp. I suck at describing music so I will just say that the riffs are heavy and oozing with doom. The guitar leads are above average and make you pause and take notice. The lyrics are occult themed. And, again, based on my description of the vocals, one would be inclined to think that they sound rather fvcking awesome, and they would be correct in that assumption.

Check out the newest EP: Orthodox Faces. Fans of good doom metal will enjoy.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=121567

Here's a great song to start with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptIdYY9hTU
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
This is ****ing awesome!,great grooveing riffs and the vocals are stellar.This band is wicked.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Seriously lads, can ye **** off making threads about good bands? My bank manager tried to stab me yesterday, I dont need more money being sucked out in the name of metal!

wait......yes I do.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Sounds like my cup of tea.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
This is really great i must say,i absolutely adore the vocals.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Glad you guys like. For those who can't get enough of this style of doom, this band delivers in spades. Now, more people listen before this thread fades into obscurity..
Ok, I posted, Penis. It's very good, will have to pick up this EP.

I can definitely see the Lamp of Thoth influence, and a little bit of Candlemass in the vocals, but someone else has more of an influence, just can't place his name atm, too much gasoline at work today. Ugh.
Mr. Witchfinder?? ; )
Roflpwned.
humpdebump

The demo is godly.

AND(!!!)

THEY'RE ON MY METOLL RADIO
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
nicccccce, but no way will I let them surpass my precious 85 -95 era Candlemass.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

New album came out a little over a month ago. Can't say I'm disappointed, but it lacks the great weirdness of 'Blood Axis Raiders' off of the previous EP, which is one of the best doom songs ever IMHO. This new one is much more in line with some of Reverend Bizarre's slower stuff. Vocals and production are a tad bit buried, but I think it works and was what they were going for on this album. Very cool stuff though, and well worth a listening since you guys enjoyed the previous EP.

Can't find any stuff from the new album on Youtube to post here. But listen to the track 'The Spear of Destiny', as it has some of the catchiest riffs and melody of anything I've heard this year.
Last edited by Penisaur at Nov 19, 2011,
Third time's the charm.

"Such Power is Dangerous!" has done nothing but slowly grow on me since its release. This is absolutely top-notch stuff, some of the better doom that I've heard in the last few years. There's some sort of unique charm that I can't quite identify. Check the album out already, you know I won't lead you clowns astray.