So, I decided I wanna buy a Vypyr 30. Should I wait 'till this weekend (Summer NAMM) and see if Peavey comes out with any new gear or an update to the vypyr line, or is that unlikely? Or should I just go ahead and order it.
Well I wouldn't buy it either way, but if you're dead set on the amp, then go ahead and do it. It won't matter if you do it now or in a year, so you may as well go out and get it now.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Well I wouldn't buy it either way, but if you're dead set on the amp, then go ahead and do it. It won't matter if you do it now or in a year, so you may as well go out and get it now.

Why? I just want a practice amp. Is there an amp of similar price range you'd recommend?
My recommendations would be either the Roland Cube 30X or the Vox VT30...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Bump. Anyone got anything else to say? Reasons why I should or shouldn't get the Vypyr 30?
if you want a practice amp on a budget aimed at metal its the ideal choice.

im very pleased with mine anyway
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Jackson RR24 White with black bevels
What do you play? What is your budget? Is it just for practice at home?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
THe vypyr is awesome, having played all of the competition it is the best for the money, people may say that the Vox is better however for anything modern I would take the peavey. The roland 30X is overpriced and not very good and the spider, well its a spider enough said.
Quote by sg4ever
What do you play? What is your budget? Is it just for practice at home?

I commented your profile with this message, but I'll post in the thread for everyone to see.

I have a good amount of money, but the most I'm willing to spend is $300 on a practice/home/small gig(possibly, but not likely) amp. Honestly, I'm probably only going to use the 6505 preset on the Vypyr (I decided if I were to get it, I'd go with the 75 watt rather than the 30), so I'm not sure if its an optimal decision. What I really want is a 6505 112 combo, but that's just too much money.

Honestly, I'm thinking long and hard about getting the 6505+ 112.
well the 6505 will be better than the vypyr at the 6505 sound.

vypyr will prolly be more versitile.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
bro, imo either A. Get the 30w
or B. Get the 15w (to tide you over) then save up ~750 and check your local craiglist for a 6505 combo.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?