How does the randall v2 compare against amps such as the duel rectifier, peavey 5150 and other amps like those
It keels over and dies compared to the Dual Rectifier.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
The normal V2 doesn't stand up to the recto though if you had the V2 Ninja it kill the recto and 5150 in one fell swoop.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I have a V2 and I really like it...however, your comparison is pointless. I got my V2 for about £650-£700 I think and a dual recto costs £2k, it's not a fair fight. It's like me comparing my Seat Ibiza to a Porsche, sure I love my Seat, but if someone offered me a straight swap I would take it without hesitation!

Oh and there is very little difference between the regular and the Ninja...the ninja has a bit more gain and smoother highs. Apart from that it's just a case of better stock valves and cosmetics.
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
If you're going to be playing in the bedroom mostly, you'd probably better off with the Randall because it's mostly solid state. I suppose the type of music you play will also influence your decision.
no its staying in the practice space.
but i compared them because on the mesa's that i played i loved the rhythm tone but the lead was lacking and i was wondering if the lead on the v2 was worth it