Hey guys, my mate was talking about this band and i found out some real interesting things.

Apparently, they play their instruments at such low frequencies that it like relaxes ur arse muscles and you shit urself at their concert?

Also you get headachs etc.

Has any1 had any such experiences, or ever seen them live?
lol:
Quote by Metallizach
your not alone. I am a chronic procrasturbator (meaning I put off things I should be doing, and fill that time masturbating)

DAVID GILMOUR IS GOD
They are great; I'm still missing a couple of their physical albums though. I'd love to see them live one day, apparently it's agony (in an awesome way, of course)
I think the whole "making people shit themselves" thing is a myth. In chemistry my teacher told us this thing called the Brown Note which is supposed to do the same. He set up a TV with the note playing and surprise surprise, nothing happened. Although it would've been funny.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
No.... youll probably fall asleep from boredom

The 'Brown Note' doesnt exist
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
please give this band more credit than that..

Quote by Wikipedia
Monoliths & Dimensions is the seventh studio album by drone doom band Sunn O))). The album was created and recorded over a period of 2 years and features the collaborations of composer Eyvind Kang, Australian guitar player Oren Ambarchi, Hungarian vocalist Attila Csihar, Dylan Carlson from the drone band Earth, and trombonists Julian Priester and Stuart Dempster. There's also an upright bass trio, French and English horns, harp and flute duo, piano, brass, reed and strings ensembles, and a Viennese woman's choir led by Persian vocalist Jessika Kenney.[10]

However, the band has said that: "The album is not "SUNN O))) with strings" or "metal meets orchestra" material. The band took an approach concentrating on more of allusion toward the timbre of feedback and the instruments involved, so the piece is really illusory, beautiful and not entirely linear, stating that the end product is "the most musical piece we’ve done, and also the heaviest, powerful and most abstract set of chords we’ve laid to tape".
Basically the above. And seeing as he has a Mythbusters avatar, I know he gets his information from the same source as me.

Edit: 3 above.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by captaincrunk

I think your sig invalidates any flowery words you have...

On topic, don't listen to them like I used to, but when I do, it's quite an experience.
Quote by captaincrunk

lol
I like the band. I don't listen to them a lot, but I like how creative they are. It's also better than vuvuzela's.
Quote by The_Casinator
I like the band. I don't listen to them a lot, but I like how creative they are. It's also better than vuvuzela's.

oooo, they should incorporate vuvuzela's on their new album. They would be perfect for drone.
I checked them out yesterday, NOT what I was expecting at all
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
my mate fell down some stair after one of their gigs.
dont know if that was cause of the music though.
now extra flamey
Sunn O))) is definitely not for everyone, but they're really good at what they do. The best way to listen to them is to just close your eyes and let the music take you away to the deepest part of your imagination. They're supposed to be quite eerie live, playing in cathedrals with fog machines and stuff like that, but that just adds to the whole atmospheric experience. And even though they use very low tunings (I believe they use Drop A or something), they don't make you lose control over your bowels.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Pretty boring IMO. Sort of cool if you're after a vague dark ambience and aren't planning on using your ears for anything else for a while, but that rarely comes up.

And IIRC the only way sound waves can make you shit yourself is if they're played at a volume high enough to be incredibly dangerous for other, completely different reasons.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Pretty boring IMO. Sort of cool if you're after a vague dark ambience and aren't planning on using your ears for anything else for a while, but that rarely comes up.

And IIRC the only way sound waves can make you shit yourself is if they're played at a volume high enough to be incredibly dangerous for other, completely different reasons.

All of this again.
I went to a venue to watch paint dry once and then I noticed that Sunn 0))) was playing.

I went back to the paint.

Heh. I kid. I can understand why some people like them but they arent for me.
...In my opinion.
The first time I listened to them I thought there was something wrong with my speakers.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I have listened to this band before and there must be something i am missing, as it doesn't really do anything for me, i can see where it might have its place, but i can't just sit and listen to it in my room, and headphones do nothing to change the experience.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
It just makes me nauseous... no thanx, not my cup o' tea...
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Mythbusters tested that 'brown note' thing. Long story short; it doesn't exist.

EDIT: Also, what ^he said.

The brown note does exist. It just doesn't do what people thought it would
Quote by Butt Rayge
They're shit. They might make you shit yourself out of boredom, but that's about all they'll do.

Pfft, fuck you!
Quote by smb
They're an awesome band, the brown note thing is a load of rubbish though

It probably is possible but you'd need computers or some crazy high-tech keyboard to even come close to producing it. I'd love to see it happen one day though; I'm almost convinced that I won't be ready to die and be at peace until I've seen a large group of strangers soil themselves simultaneously.
Quote by captaincrunk

seems pretty dumb to base the validity of a person's thoughts on anything other than the thoughts themselves, but i guess that's your choice, captaincrunk.
^Pretty sure he was joking

But this reminds me to listen to these guys. Any album recommendations? Where to start?
From what I know the brown note doesn't exist, or hasn't been found at any rate.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Quote by mario61
^Pretty sure he was joking

But this reminds me to listen to these guys. Any album recommendations? Where to start?
From what I know the brown note doesn't exist, or hasn't been found at any rate.

Monoliths & Dimensions for starters.