Hey people, so, like many the guitar players around, i started playing witha a squier starter packa few years ago, and i never had the need to buy another guitar, or to mod this one, so I post this question, what should I do, should I buy a new one or mod my squier strat?

PS: I am not in a hurry, still going to buy a VK112 amp first, just asking your opinion, and adding postcount
Well, modding it is a bit of a waste, as its better used as firewood than a mod job, just throwing that out there.

You might as well buy a new guitar, maybe a MIM strat? if you're used to strats.
I can vouch for MIM strats: they are dynamite for the money.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Yes indeed I am used to strats, but I grew very fond of a Classic player telecaster i saw, and tried in a music shop, which one do you suggest?
Last edited by numerosg at Jun 16, 2010,
well, what's your budget?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
If you are modding to make it sound better... don't bother, given the quality of the wood any mods won't really make much difference to the sound being projected out.

I'd personally get a new guitar and keep this aside as a project guitar like testing out pickups, rewiring, routing to slot in a cheapo flyod rose etc etc, when you know what you're doing and have a goal to achieve, modding can be great fun.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
My budget is none i am going to work this summer and im gonna see if i make enough money for the Peavey vk 112 and to a new guitar, probably fender (yes, before you ask, fender only, i know it sounds a bit snob to want a fender without even thinking of other brands)
Thanks a lot everybody
( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.