I plan on buying a Gibson Les Paul or Fender Strat as my main guitar when I deserve one.For now I use a Epiphone Strat that actually plays just fine . My current back up is a Yamaha.I was wondering if my Epiphone Strat would be a decent back up Guitar in the future if for example I am playing a gig and need it. Is it worthy ?
If you like it, that's all that matters. Don't let anyone on here tell you that just because it's an Epi, it's not good enough.

You don't have to get a Gibson or a Fender. Just play what's comfortable, and what sounds and feels good to you.

EDIT: Wait, Epiphone Strat? What are you talking about, son?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.

Ye they exist.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra

Ye they exist.

That's interesting. I'd heard Epiphone did Fender copies back in the 80's, but I've never actually seen one before.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
the epiphone strat should be ok as if i'm not mistaken it was built in either their japan or korean factory, and when they were made there they were very good

this is a more traditional fender strat styled guitar, and the first epiphone strat i saw a pic of, i haven't seen the one withh the jackson headstock before untill today
Last edited by britishsligean at Jun 16, 2010,
Wow, epiphone strat... trippy.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
If you like it, that's all that matters.

This.
Quote by Lewadra

Ye they exist.

That is my exact guitar .Thanks for that pic.I think mine is a 1990 but not sure.
Quote by Dio10101
Epiphone Strat wtf? And you probably don't need a backup if you aren't gigging.

I curently take regular lessons and actually broke the neck on my acoustic right before the lesson so I did need a back up.I am not gigging right now .I usually sing but always wanted to play guitar so here I am .Gigging is down the road .
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
If you like it, that's all that matters. Don't let anyone on here tell you that just because it's an Epi, it's not good enough.

You don't have to get a Gibson or a Fender. Just play what's comfortable, and what sounds and feels good to you.

EDIT: Wait, Epiphone Strat? What are you talking about, son?

lol Fender strats and Gibson feel and sound the best to me .I actually like some of the schecter line.
Thanks for all your comments my guitar looks like the white one in the pics.I think it was made in Korea.
Wow, an epiphone strat, never heard of that before. Well, Les Pauls and Strats are both Really good guitars, but if I were you I'd go for the strat since you already have a strat, and i'd imagine ur used to the feel, etc... Or u could go for the Les Paul so you can have 2 guitars with different tones that you could use.