Can anyone here point me in the direction of a guide to making metal guitar tones, or some similar content?

I recently got the POD FARM UX1 and have 100s of pedals FXs amps and cabs at my disposal, but im not to sure on how to use most of it to make better tones.

Any tips advice etc would be greatly apriciated
i think it's time for you to get experimenting. only then will you get the most out of it. if you base your sound around something someone has told you to do you're not going to learn anything from it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i think it's time for you to get experimenting. only then will you get the most out of it. if you base your sound around something someone has told you to do you're not going to learn anything from it.

Very true.
for my staple distorted/metal tone i got the metal pack for my toneport, it's like $50 or something.

in this order i use;

noise gate - screamer pedal - deity's son amp - 4 band eq - medium hall reverb

4x12 1968 green 25's cab - 50% room - 57 on axis

adjust eq and settings to taste. usually slightly scooped, a little bass and lower mids pushed, with the highs adjusted to give a nice balance between clarity and fizz reduction.

of course you can change out the amps to whatever is available to you, but i find that particular signal chain gives the most natural sound (depending on your settings of course).