Page 1 of 9
Alright guys, it's time.

Time for the next batch of epicness of UG Video Game Cover music!
For those of you that missed it, the last one can be listened to here:

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ug-vg/

And can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJT299YM

But now it's time for round 2!

RULES (READ ALL OF THEM)

1. All submissions must be original. You may not submit songs from the last album, you may not submit audio ripped directly from video games. Exceptions are sound effects (Like the jumping noise mario makes) and ONLY sound effects. No music rips.

2. You may collaborate with other users, but both users need to be credited.

3. The submission must be recognisable as the song you're covering. You must use the melody from the original. BUT

4. If you listen to the first album, you'll hear that a plethora of styles were used to cover the songs. Be creative, go wild, anything goes!

5. When you submit a song, upload it to your profile for it to be reviewed. If it then selected, you'll be given an email to send the mp3 file to.

6. Please do not submit songs that were already done on the last album.

7. I'm going to be including a list of submissions in the OP, so when you post your submission, please include the genre, title of the song, and the game it's from. If somebody has already covered a song, you're still welcome to do your own version, but keep in mind that two versions of the same song will ONLY be accepted if done in very different styles, so if someone already has done a song, it would be easier to just do a different one.

Deadline:

You have EXACTLY one month, until the 16th of July. I urge you to post your songs as early as possible, though, so that people can listen to them and possibly give suggestions of how to improve the quality (i.e. if you have tuning or timing issues, if some parts are flubbed up, etc).

Once submissions are accepted, I will turn them green in the OP. Submissions will be judged on overall quality and originality. If you are unsure about the quality that is wanted, just listen to the first one (maybe it will also inspire you).

So I think that just about covers it! If I've forgotten anything, I'll update the OP later, and will post that I did.

EXCELSIOR!

List of submissions

Simsimius - Gerudo Valley
Volvagia - Pokemon Surf Theme
Demon Wolf - Streets Of Rage 2- Ending Theme
amaranth_todd - Gerudo Valley / Devil's Lab from FFVI
rabidguitarist - Silent Hill Medly
Primus2112 - Siege of Madrigal
stratkat - Megaman X (Storm Eagle) / KoopaKing / Megaman X2 (Magna Centipede)
madbasslover - Coral Capers Donkey Kong Country
TheReverend724 - Metroid Prime Pirates Theme
NothingRocks - Rainbow Road
Bearded_Seth - Pokemon Gold/Silver Final Battle
SmelLy_Kid - Yoshi's Island Medly

EDIT: DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE 21st OF JULY
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 12, 2010,
FUCK Yeah!

Working on my Pokecenter theme. Gonna submit it soon.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
FUCK Yeah!

Working on my Pokecenter theme. Gonna submit it soon.

Did you just start or have you been working on it for a while?
I think I'll have a look at some FFVII music for this, maybe the Boss Theme or Aereith's Theme.

Unless they've been done, but I don't think so?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I think I'll have a look at some FFVII music for this, maybe the Boss Theme or Aereith's Theme.

Unless they've been done, but I don't think so?

just check the old submissions, don't think they've been done (not a big FF fan, so I don't really know)
Quote by CoreysMonster
just check the old submissions, don't think they've been done (not a big FF fan, so I don't really know)

I'll go and check, failing that I'll find something else awesome to include.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'd kind of like to do The Decisive Battle from FFVI, but how the hell am I supposed to do it when the man himself with The Black Mages already made an awesome version of it?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
The corneria theme cover from the last album was awesome. I might as well do something productive over the holidays anyway so i'll give it a shot even if it turns out to be gash like most of my submissions are lol.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Gah, right when I don't have a guitar. I had a brilliant idea for a doom metal cover
🙈 🙉 🙊
I haven't decided yet on what to create so I'll post now and update later this week.
Last edited by ikitson at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Could we use songs that we wrote about video games?

nope, has to be a cover of a video game song.
I can't even play a pentatonic scale right so I won't be recording but I will give a giant thumbs up to anyone that can record a cover of UN Owen Was Her.
Quote by JackalUK
I can't even play a pentatonic scale right so I won't be recording but I will give a giant thumbs up to anyone that can record a cover of UN Owen Was Her.

I could cover a touhou song but I don't think I'd be doing that one :P
I'll have to watch that vid later, I assume it's one of the covers played on guitar on youtube though.
Quote by JackalUK
I'll have to watch that vid later, I assume it's one of the covers played on guitar on youtube though.

Not quite...
I want to do a cover of the underwater theme from Donkey Kong Country.

EDIT: Wait, is there a sign-up thread somewhere that I missed?
Last edited by madbasslover at Jun 16, 2010,
I have a cover I did of the Crystal Theme on my profile. Give it a quick listen, and if you deem it worth oh great guy who decides if they are worthy, feel free to add me to the list of people that are in on this.

I WILL redo it of course, but it will be of that song.
Quote by madbasslover
I want to do a cover of the underwater theme from Donkey Kong Country.

EDIT: Wait, is there a sign-up thread somewhere that I missed?

this IS the sign-up thread?
Ok, put me down for the Morrowind title theme. I'll probably do two versions. One with just an acoustic duo that feels a little more organic and the other which may or may not work with electric guitars, bass and drums. I'll see which one sounds better at the time. I have ages to work on this and no school or anything so I can put some time into it.

EDIT:

I was originally going to do a ska cover of one of the Ape Escape theme tunes but after some widdling around it didn't work out.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Last edited by isabiggles at Jun 16, 2010,
I started working on album artwork for the first set, but I never got it out in time. Hopefully I'll be more productive this time around.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Count me IN!

I'm undecided on song choice yet, but I'll know for sure in the next hour or two, but I'm definitely IN.

I'm thinking about doing something MGS related... and now I have lots of VSTs I can use [organs, strings, brass, jazz, synths] and my guitar, the possibilities are endless.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'll be doing one again.

You can bet that it'll be a song made by Nobuo Uematsu.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I'm so in, once again.
I'll pick a song real soon.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Will having shit tone get me excluded?

If not I'm going to do a cover of a Pokemon trainer battle.
Quote by isabiggles
Ok, put me down for the Morrowind title theme.

Aw what the hell dude, I was coming in here to say that I was going to try that
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.