So...

Now that I've purchased a Schecter Hellraiser c-1 fr, I don't really use my MIM SSS strat much anymore. I've also quickly grown to love my schecter and don't think I'd feel to bad if I screwed with the strat a bit.

First off I was thinking of replacing the stock neck pickup and the duncan performer in the bridge with a fernandes sustainer and a hot rail respectively.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, what else could I do to generally improve the quality of the guitar / make it more interesting?

fyi, i use the schecter for metal/rock and the strat will be kept in standard tuning and used for blues, jazz, and all around lighter stuff
Hot rails are crap, get a real pickup

^subjective information
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
(Soon to be gone) Peavey Bandit 112
Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (1993)
Framus 212 (V30's)
get lace sensors. go to their website to select the ones you want. they are pretty awesome
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
you won't go wrong with lace golds or lollar black faces imo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Some nice things to upgrade would be the bridge saddles, the nut, the string trees and probably the tuners.

Have a look at stuff by Graph Tech, they do some awesome hardware. Just changing those important bits of hardware would probably make more difference than new pickups.

Having said that, I've just looked at your gear list and am now confident the upgrades would be worthless heard through your Spider and Frontman...
Quote by WtrPlyr
So when you agree it's not subjective anymore?

What's your budget TS?

I don't have a budget at the moment. In reality I'm saving up for a Peavey 6505 +112 to complement the metal tone I'm trying to obtain with the schecter. (currently using a blues junior with a v2 jekyll and hyde)

I'm just asking a hypothetical question. If i happen to come across some random money down the line what would be wasteful and what might actual be nice.

I still love my strat but now that it's my secondary guitar I wouldn't mind going through the risk of modding it to death just for the experience.
I would get some Fender Vintage Noiseless single coils, or the Fender Texas special pickups. Or the Dimarizo Area 58' or 61'.

I tell this to everybody who would like really nice single coils that are pretty much unique, contact DiMarizo, and ask for their 12 pole single coil pickups, they come prewired in a pickguard, and are only made to order, they are some of the nicest single coil pickups I've ever played. Expect to fork out $300 though.
Quote by Wesbanez
Some nice things to upgrade would be the bridge saddles, the nut, the string trees and probably the tuners.

Have a look at stuff by Graph Tech, they do some awesome hardware. Just changing those important bits of hardware would probably make more difference than new pickups.

Having said that, I've just looked at your gear list and am now confident the upgrades would be worthless heard through your Spider and Frontman...

Sorry for double post, but my gear list is not up to date.

The current set up is:

Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser c-1 fr
MIM Fender Strat SSS (with duncan performer/hot rail wannabe in bridge)

into pedals:
Buddy Guy Wah > V2 jekyll and Hyde > v2 H2O

into amp:
Fender Blues Junior

I no longer use the spider or frontman live, just sometimes at home for kicks