Hi all,

Im quite new to playing guitar (almost 2 years)
I learn everything with GP.

I was reading some tabs and found this patern and actually, I'm not too sure how to play this. Asking for help !!!
much apreciated

-----------------------------
-12-12-12-14-14-14--
-10-10-10-12-12-12--
you play the lower note with your index finger
and the higher note with your ring finger
and mute the middle string with your index

kinda like a power chord but you mute the middle string

hope this helped
personally I'd play it using my first finger on the 10th fret and my pinky on the 12th, with my first finger would muting the D string
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
personally I'd play it using my first finger on the 10th fret and my pinky on the 12th, with my first finger would muting the D string

Ya thats how I do it. I find its the easiest to mute the rest of the strings.
Quote by Bendybaws

+1

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
i'd fingerpick... but that's just me, i'm into that kinda schtuff.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
i'd fingerpick... but that's just me, i'm into that kinda schtuff.

+1. anything goes, really. depends on the context for you to decide which method is best. certain contexts would dictate the 1st and 3rd fingers, others the 1st and 4th; other contexts would suggest something different entirely - possibly the 2nd and 4th fingers or fingerpicking, as dempsey said.

really, there are quite a few ways to play this. whatever makes it easiest for you to transition from the part before that into that and into the rest of the song is the best way. it's up to you, really.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
lets say there is about 30 of these notes all along the fretboard and it's being played fast, is it possible to do this with a pick ? (electric guitar)
Quote by extrenix
lets say there is about 30 of these notes all along the fretboard and it's being played fast, is it possible to do this with a pick ? (electric guitar)

of course. in this context, i'd play it with my 1st and 4th fingers, muting the string in between with my 1st finger. that's probably the easiest way, especially if there are a lot of these in succession.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.