Page 1 of 3
I actually cannot watch the world cup because of the way the players always go for the free kick. They roll around in pain for 30 seconds...and then the play goes on and they run away and continue on with the game.

I just find it that is ruins what is actually a really good sport. Every player pretty much cheats all the time.

Does anyone else get frustrated with this?
*Waits For American Football Is Superior Comment*

yeah it's kinda silly sometimes just man up and play the game like a good boy.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Having just watched my first game a few days ago, I totally agree with you. Tarnishes the game in my opinion.

BBBBBBUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
It's pathetic, but still funny to watch a player get tapped in the shin then jump 3 foot into the air with an arched back before falling stiffly onto their side.
The worst part about the world cup is those trumpets that just play the same annoying tone for 90 minutes; it's like there's a fly buzzing around the room constantly; really pisses me off.
Quote by jack hate crew
just coz germany thrashed australia

I dont care about things like that...

I care about when the italian dude dived right in the square and he got a penalty out of it.
Wait till video reffing gets put in. We'll see that shit go out the window.

I CAN DREAM!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Jun 16, 2010,
Quote by geetar_man0
I actually think that AFL is the superior sport.

If I may throw that out there.

NRL>AFL

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
NRL>AFL

NO way.

NRL is just running back and forth, back and forth.

Its boring.
Diving is annoying, but it happens. People always over-exaggerate how bad diving is.

If there is contact on a tackle, a player will go down to play for the free kick.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by geetar_man0
NRL is just running back and forth, back and forth.
g.

That's kind of what most popular sports actually are, running back and forth.
Its Called Football.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by SMH07
Diving is annoying, but it happens. People always over-exaggerate how bad diving is.

If there is contact on a tackle, a player will go down to play for the free kick.

But thats what im saying.

Cant they all just go for the ball as hard as they can, and get around each other fairly while actually playin the sport.

Imagine how much more intense and interesting it would be.

Quote by Echohead
That's kind of what most popular sports actually are, running back and forth.

Oi...
Quote by SMH07
Which is exactly what some people think is absolutely stupid, like I do. Why can't they just man up and play on, and try to make something constructive out of the situation they're in? Soccer might not have gotten old and boring for me if players did that instead of opting for the "easy way out" of challenges.

I massively respected players like Pavel Nedved for not taking part in these diving farces, and soldiering on in every situation instead. Even if he got badly tackled in the box, he'd still try and get his shot in, instead of just dropping to the ground like a pussy.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Which is exactly what some people think is absolutely stupid, like I do. Why can't they just man up and play on, and try to make something constructive out of the situation they're in? Soccer might not have gotten old and boring for me if players did that instead of opting for the "easy way out" of challenges.

I massively respected players like Pavel Nedved for not taking part in these diving farces, and soldiering on in every situation instead. Even if he got badly tackled in the box, he'd still try and get his shot in, instead of just dropping to the ground like a pussy.

My god exactly.
Firstly, it's 'football' not 'soccer'.
Secondly, it's 'diving' not 'staging'.

It's unfair to say all players do it as well, most don't, especially outside of the 'top teams' in each country. Divng is pretty easily confused with players going down after a tackle and rolling too, especially if you haven't ever played football at any sort of competitive level; tackles come in hard in a serious game, and when you're running hard and your legs get taken out from under you, you will end up crashing to the ground and rolling over a few times.

I'm definately not saying diving doesn't happen and isn't a problem, but it's pretty pissy to say all players do it and that it ruins the whole sport
TS, this is nothing compared to the flopping in the NBA.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i love how everyone flips a shit when you call it soccer.
ive never even seen a single world cup match. soccers basically the only sport i dont care about, but ive been meaning to watch one so i can hear the bee buzz horn, and i kinda want to see this now.. sounds interesting.
Quote by JayT44
TS, this is nothing compared to the flopping in the NBA.

Good god i dont wanna know about it....

But the thought of it somehow being worse interests me as well.
Quote by ZeGuitarist

I suppose you have to blame the rules in that case, the player is just exploiting them.

Its not right but they can get away with it.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by geetar_man0
Good god i dont wanna know about it....

But the thought of it somehow being worse interests me as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRjyUzPX70

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Yeah, I hate the diving in soccer too. When watching the Portugal game, I wanted to beat the crap out of Ronaldo a few times.

Buncha sissies.
My God, it's full of stars!
Ronaldo is basically the biggest pussy in modern football, he dives as much as italians, and he's not even italian!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I actually love divers... the ones that fail I mean. Seriously, if your gonna dive do it till the end. Not like you fall down in agony, then raise your head to see if anyone is looking and if not get up like nothing happened. They look ridiciliously stupid and funny.

I saw such a failed dive yesterday i think in the World Cup, can't remember who played. Anyway it was a black guy and he got a little push from an elbow and he instantly grabbed his head and pretended it was in agony. Then they showed it in slow motion and he actually got hit in the arm
Quote by icaneatcatfood

that was literally painful to watch.. i had to turn it off like 45 seconds in.
what the **** is the point of that? i dont watch soccer so it might be a stupid question.. haha
Edit: just went back and watched the end. i literally have lost all respect for this game.
Last edited by GoodnightHero at Jun 16, 2010,
It definitely distracts me from the game, especially as a hockey fan and player I know when that happens in hockey the diver usually gets at least an ear-full of taunts from the other team atleast.

However also playing soccer I know that since your running most of the game, its almost your legs acting by themselves that they just lock when they get tied up in a tackle, its more fatigue then anything, however I never would roll like a poof or grab random body parts that had nothing to do with the tackle.
Quote by deluded_reality
To everyone who blames Americans for inventing the word 'soccer', read this

The English will be deeply confused and frustrated by this.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by deluded_reality
To everyone who blames Americans for inventing the word 'soccer', read this

I am English and what is this blasphemy.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Page 1 of 3