Page 1 of 2
I'm going to visit my sister and it's a nine hour drive. So pit how do you handle driving long distances?
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Good music, have a break (and a small nap if needed) every two hours.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Amphetamines!

I'd take the train ore have a flight the gas money would even it out...

if you have the option.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Jun 16, 2010,
Rest often. Plenty of water, food, and music.

EDIT: By rest, I mean actually get out of the car, stretch your legs and get some fresh air. After a few hours driving, just getting out of the car for 10 - 20 minutes can make you feel like new.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jun 16, 2010,
Yeah music helps alot. I also have alot of Audiobooks on my iPod so sometimes I just stick one of them on.
"It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell."
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Maybe not for a flight, but definitely a train journey would be an easier option.

I think a train would be quicker too I'll have to look into that.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Laptop!
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
^I'll be driving.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Masturbation.
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Quote by 0RI0N
^I'll be driving.

Apparently in America you can get little ones to go onto your steering wheel

I don't know where you're from but you can't drive 9 hours in the UK without driving at least 5 hours in the sea so I'm going to assume it's North America or Australia somewhere
i definately second getting rests, they can really work wonders, especially if you take a packed lunch and lots of water and find a nice place to stretch your legs.

im a huge fan of audiobooks, have been since i was a kid, and i find on long journeys, its kinda comforting and often interesting to listen to some classic books. might not work for you, but it provides background noise, so you're not listening to the road noises, and gives you something to tune into as well.

same with music though, try not to get too into it, haha, i've been known to relax a bit too much and have to snap myself out of it, haha, but hope that helps, and have a great trip
that depends
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Apparently in America you can get little ones to go onto your steering wheel

I don't know where you're from but you can't drive 9 hours in the UK without driving at least 5 hours in the sea so I'm going to assume it's North America or Australia somewhere

Yeah from Minnesota to South Dakota.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Make sure you get a good night of sleep. Doing it tired is the worst thing you could do.

Get plenty of good music to last you the 9 hours. If necessary, drink something with caffeine or maybe an energy drink. The only danger in this is the crash that could come after. Stop any time you feel like it. Don't set yourself to a certain schedule to stop for breaks. If you feel like you need to get out and move around then do it.
Pick up hitchhikers and force them to strip.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by 0RI0N
Yeah from Minnesota to South Dakota.

I looked it up on google maps, that's pretty far. Is there no way you could take a plane instead or a train? the gas money for that kind of journey won't be cheap...
Holy shit man where have you been? Haven't seen you in forever. Oh and to answer your question I usually have other people along to entertain me.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I looked it up on google maps, that's pretty far. Is there no way you could take a plane instead or a train? the gas money for that kind of journey won't be cheap...

Actually it's probably cheaper to drive. I could do it in my car while stopping for gas once probably. Two full tanks of gas = $80 or so. You aren't going to fly for less than that most likely.
Quote by daytripper75
Actually it's probably cheaper to drive. I could do it in my car while stopping for gas once probably. Two full tanks of gas = $80 or so. You aren't going to fly for less than that most likely.

Yeah that's true, American gas is really cheap. One full tank of petrol here would be about $120 equivalent.

my American family were visiting recently and they couldn't believe how expensive petrol is here.
once we'd figured out how many litres are in a gallon >_>
Don't forget your car's attachable fellatio device: A woman in the front seat.

Word of caution- The device should never be kept in the driver's seat.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
I had to read that over a couple of times.

I knew it was going to sound a little confusing.
done the LA to Chicago thing 4 times and LA to Atlanta once......loud music, windows down (weather permitting) and lots of redbulls (these trips averaged 32-36 hours each) 9 hours is nothing really...thats 3 stop, maybe 4 if you arent in a hurry.
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

It would only take me about two or three tanks. Probably about $135.

Quote by angusfan16
Holy shit man where have you been? Haven't seen you in forever. Oh and to answer your question I usually have other people along to entertain me.

I finally got the internet back at work. I'll hopefully have somebody with me to switch off with the driving.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Valrys
Masturbation.

there we go, I was beggining to get worried no one would mention that
^I wondered why they would.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I usually play some death metal. While driving I rock out to it. I heard that if you air drum, especially if the song uses a double bass pedal, it ends the drive much quicker.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by 0RI0N
^I wondered why they would.

Dude, it's the Pit.

And on topic, why not travel by train instead? I doubt it will be really more expensive than the gas money, plus it's faster and you can relax during the travel (better for the envoirment as well).
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
get a hooker on the way there

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Quote by GuitarViking

Dude, it's the Pit.

And on topic, why not travel by train instead? I doubt it will be really more expensive than the gas money, plus it's faster and you can relax during the travel (better for the envoirment as well).

Checked there are no trains, and i know the pit well.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
i make a four hour drive every once in a while to go home. i've made a couple of six hour drives. doing eight hours tomorrow night.

i always drive alone. honestly, the best way to pass the time for me is to download old loveline shows, put them on my iPod and listen to them on the way. time flies faster for me when listening to talk radio. especially the comedic stylings of the ace man.

http://sayingmahalo.com

i can recommend some specific shows if you'd like. the one with jimmy kimmel and the farting contest is priceless. great episode. i'd have to wheel through the ol' iPod to find the actual date of it.
#DTWD
I agree with primusfan and the guy earlier who said audiobooks. Personally, if I'm listening to audiobooks, stand up comedy, or something like that, time flies by much faster than when I'm just listening to music.
Page 1 of 2