I was thinking of a way of making a "push-to-make" killswitch work as a "push to break" and a "push to make" switch.
I was thinking by conecting a 3PDT to the switch i could achieve both grounding the hot lead when the switch is "on" and also completing the ground from the circuit when the switch is "on" but the 3PDT is in the other position...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/torben666/killswitch.jpg

that's the diagram i thought of, can anyone verify if it would work before i try and put it in my strat project? ;D

haha

thanks!

Edit: on the diagram the blue is ground and the black is the hot lead from the pickup, i didn't complicate the diagram by adding the whole circuit i drew it as if i were only using one pickup, which obviously i wouldn't
Last edited by Torbjorn 66 at Jun 16, 2010,
Sure, It'll work!

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
i don't understand what you're wanting to do exactly, but with the 3pdt thrown so that the bottom lugs connect it'll act as a regular killswitch and with it thrown the other way it'll work the opposite way - no sound unless you push the killswitch. can't think of any way that could be useful.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
i don't understand what you're wanting to do exactly, but with the 3pdt thrown so that the bottom lugs connect it'll act as a regular killswitch and with it thrown the other way it'll work the opposite way - no sound unless you push the killswitch. can't think of any way that could be useful.

That's exactly what he wants it to do. A reverse killswitch can be just as useful as a killswitch, it just works in reverse. Great if you want more silence than sound.
Quote by cedricsmods
That's exactly what he wants it to do.

It sure is! Thanks a lot guys!
Okay i've tried the schematic i drew and it works but because i'm breaking the ground, when i touch the parts of the circuit ground (switches etc) it creates a large amount of hum... any ideas?
okay forget it i have a wiring that works....

finally :P

i'll post it in a bit

thanks anyway