I took my picguard off my fender squier bullet strat, I never use it and would if it had some nice pickups in it / was set up properly.
I read online that some of these are made of plywood, and I think mine is also.
Inside the cavity you can see like 10 pieces of wood which were obviously glued together/pressed together.

Plywood, right?

Is the body a piece of crap?

I could get a new Squier for 100$ off ebay that is at least made of real wood.
or.......... you could go outside and mow some lawns, make a few bucks, and buy a guitar that not only is made out of real wood but one that is actually worthy of playing real music on
If you were satisfied with it before making your discovery, then what's suddenly wrong with it now?

Also, we've seen people come on here asking for advice on replacing their plywood guitar, only to find out that they've mistaken router marks in the cavities for wood laminations, so... Pictures?
I had one Squier that was definitely made of plywood. But as Jim said, sometimes the router marks give the appearance of layers.

I agree with Pika though, if you liked it before, don't let the fact that it is plywood change your mind.
My guitar is made 75% of plywood, 20% of wood filler/goo and 5% the odd paint shell over nothing but air, and it may not sound the best, but it is playable and I like it It's not too shabby. And electronics have much more effect than wood does.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
If you like it then keep using the thing. Danelectro makes their guitars out of plywood, and it never hurt them.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by cedricsmods
But as Jim said, sometimes the router marks give the appearance of layers.

I also said that, hurr.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Danelectro doesn't make their guitars out of plywood (that's much to classy) they used masonite! Masonite is like chipboard soo yeah. Haha.

Sorry I thought I read somewhere that's what they made the guitars out of. As far as I'm concerned you can make any guitar sound good if you know how to make good sounds.
Also think about this TS, Sonic youth used cheap arse guitars, and they sounded amazing. The only thing that matters is how you use it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Sorry I thought I read somewhere that's what they made the guitars out of. As far as I'm concerned you can make any guitar sound good if you know how to make good sounds.
Also think about this TS, Sonic youth used cheap arse guitars, and they sounded amazing. The only thing that matters is how you use it.

Precisely. I built a guitar out of steel (and a shit acoustic body). I love it. The pickups are kind've muddy though, but I guess that's what a washburn bridge pickup that has been lit on fire sounds like in the neck position. Then again, the neck is from the same guitar and has been similarly lit on fire. Perhaps it's a good match.
Now, there was a thread of a plywood and MDF and everyone flamed him for it, so I'll say this, which is what we concluded in that thread: Yes, plywood can be used, but if you have the $20 get something that will sound that teensy bit better and will be easier to work with like poplar.

and Irish_Punk, I saw your name in the quote, looked up at your post and I thought the exact same thing as your User-Title.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I think my plywood bass sounds fine really. Not to mention my plywood TAMA starclassic drums, they sound awesome. My plywood snare drum sounds pretty decent as well. It's all about what you think it sounds like at the end of the day.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by MonkeyLink07

and Irish_Punk, I saw your name in the quote, looked up at your post and I thought the exact same thing as your User-Title.

So is that bad?
Quote by L2112Lif
All squier strats made nowadays are made of Agathis or cheap Basswood.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER