I need help choosing an amp for my needs, the bugera 333xl or 6262 isnt an option because they are really expensive where i live (sweden) , im looking for something in the 600-650 dollar price range. ive been looking at the peavey valveking, is it any good for music like paramore, four year strong, a day to remember etc?

Used isnt such a great option because of the limited amount of used amps in this country. I also play in a band, we have got a pretty small rehersal room with not that great acoustics. im going to use the amp at home too so it cant be too loud.

Feel free to recommend anything in the price range!
It is kinda hard to make recommendations because I'm not sure what is available to you. Are you buying on line or at a store and if so which one? The VK 112 is $400 here in the US so I'm assuming you have roughly $400 US dollar to work with. I'm also not super familiar with the bands you listed but I am assuming it is nothing too heavy.

The VK is a decent option that can do a variety of styles of music but is a master of none. I would say the clean channel is above average but the distortion is a bit muddy with the stock speaker. The built in EQ and Reverb are also not the greatest.

That said, if you do get the VK be prepared to get an EQ pedal and a new speaker. It will also benefit from an OD pedal and tube swap. Check out the Valveking thread for more info. Problem is after those upgrades you could just as easily get a 6505+112 or the Bugera.

Another amp to look for if you can find one would be a B52 AT60.

Oh shit, another amp to look at would be the Peavey Vypyr tube 60.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
It is kinda hard to make recommendations because I'm not sure what is available to you. Are you buying on line or at a store and if so which one? The VK 112 is $400 here in the US so I'm assuming you have roughly $400 US dollar to work with. I'm also not super familiar with the bands you listed but I am assuming it is nothing too heavy.

The VK is a decent option that can do a variety of styles of music but is a master of none. I would say the clean channel is above average but the distortion is a bit muddy with the stock speaker. The built in EQ and Reverb are also not the greatest.

That said, if you do get the VK be prepared to get an EQ pedal and a new speaker. It will also benefit from an OD pedal and tube swap. Check out the Valveking thread for more info. Problem is after those upgrades you could just as easily get a 6505+112 or the Bugera.

Another amp to look for if you can find one would be a B52 AT60.

Oh shit, another amp to look at would be the Peavey Vypyr tube 60.

fix'd
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I've played the 6505+112 combo and I would have to say it is very good. The cleans on it were above average imo. Great amp. I've owned a Valveking and I've played the Vypyr 60 extensively. If you like the amp models and effects go for the Vypyr 60 (it models the 6505 well and is $150 cheaper than the 6505). If you want just a strait up tube amp that is built for metal but actually quite versatile - go for the 6505+
The tube 60 is in the same price range as the 6505 @ thomann.de and they are like the cheapest shop available.
Quote by Roflpwn
The tube 60 is in the same price range as the 6505 @ thomann.de and they are like the cheapest shop available.

I'd go for the tube 60 if you play anything other than metal. If you play metal exclusively...the 6505 should suit you fine.
About the tube 60.
Is it any variety in volume? like überlow volume and uberhigh volume or is it überhigh all the way?
Is the usb connection any good for recording?
And when im at it, is the digitech whammy 4 any good?