Are there songs from any genre of music that use just the A-D-E chords. I 'm looking for songs so I can practice these chords.
Listen to alkaline trio, they use them loads, with F#m too. Their song 'Old school reasons' verses consist of those chords. Goodluck.
supertheory of super everything - Gogol bordello I think anyway
Hey... Hey guys.... Watch This!
I'm pretty sure Effect and Cause by The White Stripes uses mostly A and E, with a couple D's thrown in. Pretty simple song, too.
That's a standard I-IV-V progression. You see that kind of chord progression everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. It's just in different keys and what not. If you need to practice those chords in particular, why don't you just cycle through them? Two bars of the A, one bar of D, and one bar of E?
Quote by aCloudConnected
That's a standard I-IV-V progression. You see that kind of chord progression everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. It's just in different keys and what not. If you need to practice those chords in particular, why don't you just cycle through them? Two bars of the A, one bar of D, and one bar of E?

This!

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC is a good one. It has all those chords and a couple more. That's the song that helped me switch back and forth between chords quickly (if that's what you're looking for...)
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Once you're done learning those, try the G-C-D chords!

I - IV - V
G- C - D
A- D - E

They're both the same progression but in different keys!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by hockeyplayer168
Once you're done learning those, try the G-C-D chords!

I - IV - V
G- C - D
A- D - E

They're both the same progression but in different keys!

PLEASE! Who has ever used G-C-D..................
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by rhoads4ever
PLEASE! Who has ever used G-C-D..................

Millions of sissies!!

But seriously, yeah it'll double that list of songs.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Smelly Cat and every other song Phoebe plays on Freinds. It's actually the funniest thing in the show.

Oh...and Cherry Cherry by Niel Diamond.
"His name is Robert Paulson"
learn 12 bar in the key of A.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.