Hey guys, I've been considering buying a new amp to replace my old Marshall with. I only got it last summer, but it's starting to bug me, as it only has a tube preamp. So I've been looking at all tube amps under $500, and I think it's down to two options: a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, or a Bugera V22/V55.

So tell me what you think the more logical choice is. Also, would the V22 be loud enough to play gigs with? Thanks for your help!

(I play pretty much everything, mostly alternative rock and blues.)
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Last edited by gbgg9409 at Jun 16, 2010,
The V22 should be perfect for blues as it has a really good clean sound and since you're doing blues gigging should be perfectly doable with that amp. I would check out some videos for it or even see if they have it in your local store as it's best to hear the amp yourself before you buy.
Quote by kacper_j
The V22 should be perfect for blues as it has a really good clean sound and since you're doing blues gigging should be perfectly doable with that amp. I would check out some videos for it or even see if they have it in your local store as it's best to hear the amp yourself before you buy.

Thanks for the reply! However, I'm not exactly going for all out blues, I'd like a lot of versatility. Something that has really sparkling clean tones and can handle an EHX Big Muff really well. But hey, I'll definitely check that out.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by AcousticMirror
do you play metal at all?

Nope. Hardest stuff I'll play is like Zero by The Smashing Pumpkins.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

While I do like the Bugera (kinda), I have to go with the Fender. The Hot Rod is just too damn good.