3 9%
ORANGE AD30
3 9%
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
4 12%
Triple rectifier 2 channel with 1960 cab
7 21%
Voters: 33.
Well time to bomb you all with links. which one is the right one for me? I play mostly high gain stuff like trivium, Kill switch engage, bullet for my valentine etc, but i'm in a indie rock band who plays stuff like bloc party, cage the elephant, etc, and i also like clean like RHCP and Jimi Hendrix. So that might be a lot to cover but what would suit me best?

I have narrowed it down to these 2

Mesa Stiletto Ace 50 watt combo
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1793952311.html

i dont have a link for this last one but It is a triple rectifier 2 channel with 1960 cab for 1250$

What are the difference and what are the pros and cons?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Last edited by Aashraya at Jun 16, 2010,
whoa very fast response thanks!
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
also sorry i forgot to add this

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1783236263.html
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
I was watching the youtube videos and i'm leaning more towards

Mesa Stiletto Ace 50 watt combo love the clean & crunch on this Cant really find some high gain stuff on this amp.
ORANGE AD30 Great clean and crunch but didnt like it for metal. mabye with a boost
Triple rectifier 2 channel with 1960 cab Loved the high gain sound & clean was pretty good.
Marshall JCM900 Cant find a video with it doing metal, only thing i dont like is it has too much of a classic rock sound. I was looking for more modern tone.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
anymore voting?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
alright man i leaning towards the stilletto
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Yeah, stiletto out of those. Definitely not the AD30, not nearly enough gain for the high gain stuff, even boosted.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Is the price for the stiletto average sale price or am i getting a good deal?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
AFAIK thats a pretty good deal, but I'm less familiar with US pricing on mesas...

well on ebay it is going for 1400+ Us dollars.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
I'd go with the JCM900

I mean it's got upgraded tubes and the price is pretty good, and with a pedal and eq I bet you could easily do modern metal.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
hmm okay. The votes are very close together so i dont know what to get.

The orange, dual rec, kustom and mabye the DSL are out though
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Ewww, do not get a JCM 900. They are nice amps, but completely wrong for what you want. You will have to add a lot of stuff to get a passable tone and even then you'll end up growing bored of it quickly.

I still say 5150 or the Recto
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
haha okay

yea i'm not much of a Marshall fan for some reason.

Right now for me its down to the stiletto or the recto
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
I have narrowed it down to these 2

Mesa Stiletto Ace 50 watt combo
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1793952311.html

i dont have a link for this last one but It is a triple rectifier 2 channel with 1960 cab for 1250$

What are the difference and what are the pros and cons?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Hmm, I'd say the Recto. Clean channel is pretty good, high gain is pretty good (although not quite as good as Dual and Single IMO) and mid gain would be pretty decent with a boost. Plus that's an awesome deal.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
hmm i'm just worried if it will be to loud.
since i play small gigs and mostly home and rehearsals playing.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Splawn Nitro will eat both for breakfast but you'll need a cab.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/msg/1783804509.html

But - you are not a Marshall guy so

I used to think I wanted a Stiletto until reading reviews in forums. The DSL can do modern metal with a boost and would be better for the likes of RHCP and JH me thinks.
ehh that gets me scared lol. Its not that i dont like Marshall its just that i hate it because some people buy it just for the name and to me that ruins the product.

I WOULD LOVE A SPLAWN NITRO but it is too much for me. and i need something in austin texas that is in lexington.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
voted tri rec on account of price
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
It won't sound as good quiet as it will at high volumes, at but it should be fine for home playing. If you want to turn it up a bit, an attenuator will take the edge off.

Disclaimer: When I suggest an attenuator, I dont mean get one and crank it. Attenuators are best to just take enough volume off so that you can 'open up' the amp a bit.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
It won't sound as good quiet as it will at high volumes, at but it should be fine for home playing. If you want to turn it up a bit, an attenuator will take the edge off.

Disclaimer: When I suggest an attenuator, I dont mean get one and crank it. Attenuators are best to just take enough volume off so that you can 'open up' the amp a bit.

hmm okay well i mean could i get the rectifier by it self to a level where it wouldn't make my parents destroy it or pawn it?

And thank god i have nice neighbors!
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Yes, you could. I tested one just last week and played around with the volume knob. It will definatly go down that quiet. Bottom end gets kinda flabby, it's suitable for home practice. It gets much more define around full band levels.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

alright thank you so much!

I'm set on the rectifier now! thanks for everyone who gave advice!
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by classicrocker01
Yes, you could. I tested one just last week and played around with the volume knob. It will definatly go down that quiet. Bottom end gets kinda flabby, it's suitable for home practice. It gets much more define around full band levels.

I dunno what you'd define low volume at. But the 2 channel Recto I have isn't flabby at all at low volumes for me, in fact, I don't think I've heard it get flabby at any volume - 3 channels, that's a different story
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
every time i feel insecure about the purchasing it MC makes it all better lol
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Ahh, I forgot that detail MC. I tried a 3 channel. I can only imagine the awesomeness of a 2 channel.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75