I don't really know much about pickups, but I am looking for some because my guitar needs new ones. I've been on the forums reading and what not and it seems like EMG's and Seymour Duncans are the more popular ones. What does someones recommend for a Vox50ADVT Amp with a Epiphone SG special edition (more expensive epiphone) set up? I like to play music such as Pearl jam, Smashign Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Blues. Not so big on metal. I want a nice warm/kind of crunchy tone
"I have a large fridge at home and I've been eating alot of pork chops"
why do you want to change the SG special has pretty good pick ups to begin with?
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I can help... PM me
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Yeah, youre right Opethfan1, it does, but the top one got smAshed in. My guitar still works and all but the sound is definitely not the same.
Use the pickup thread. It has some descriptions that might help you out. People rarely respond to questions in there but the first page could be useful.

For some reason a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 sound right to me. I may be mixing it up with something else though.

EDIT: A Custom 5 for the bridge and an Alnico ll Pro for the neck? I'm not that informed on pickups either but sounds like it would fit your needs.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 16, 2010,
Quote by BladeSlinger
Use the pickup thread. It has some descriptions that might help you out. People rarely respond to questions in there but the first page could be useful.

For some reason a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 sound right to me. I may be mixing it up with something else though.

I tried that out already and everyone seems to be looking a metal tone. I'm not looking for a metal tone or anything like that. I just wanna rock. Maybe play a little AC/DC
Quote by wHere_aM_i
I tried that out already and everyone seems to be looking a metal tone. I'm not looking for a metal tone or anything like that. I just wanna rock. Maybe play a little AC/DC

I don't know what you're looking at then. The first page has descriptions of each pickup. You can ask for suggestions and list some sounds you'd like to get. Nowhere is there a preference to Metal except many of the people asking questions.

Ask a question, get an answer. That's the whole point of the thread, there's nothing to do with Metal.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I don't know what you're looking at then. The first page has descriptions of each pickup. You can ask for suggestions and list some sounds you'd like to get. Nowhere is there a preference to Metal except many of the people asking questions.

Ask a question, get an answer. That's the whole point of the thread, there's nothing to do with Metal.

Its all good my man. You know?