im trying to decide which one to get! i do have a esp ec 401, i play hardcore and metal, mainly looking for a guitar to leave down tuned, anyone used either? how do they compared? cheers
basicly they are the same, but different shapes, a les paul and SG other wise they are pretty much going to be the same, me personally id go with the EC, but go out and try them if you can
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
viperr way beter access to the 24 fret yo
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
I own an LTD EC1000 and have owned a LTD Viper 400. The EC feels better in my hands but damn I miss that Viper. Since you already have an EC 401 I would go for the Viper.
I played an EC 1000 at Guitar Center. Sounded great through a Peavey 6505. The neck was amazing as well. Access to the 24th fret wasn't amazing, but it wasn't near as bad as a Jackson Kelly. Btw, if you get the EC-1000, get the VB. By far the sexiest.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I'll say that their strat-style models are a lot more fun to play. The access is great, and you can't deny how great they look. I'd suggest the MH-1000
Ibanez RGA 121
Seagull Enourage
Peavey Ultra+
Marshall 1960B

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
You have my sword, espnukka.

Quote by smartalec007
And my bow!

Quote by The Buttmonkey
And my Axe!
I'd say Viper for the fret access and the fact you have an EC-401
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Viper definitely. The viper has more of thick, sharp tone and is perfect with the EMG 81/85 pickups. The eclipses have a more hollow and through tone (and since you already have one) it probably wouldnt be a better choice of the two. And the viper would probably sound better tuned down than the EC.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I went from the EC to the MH-1000 and i'd reccomend the MH for sure. It feels better than the EC did.
MH1000NT

will handle the lower tunings better than the viper and the EC cuz of the scale length
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
ESP Horizon or ESP M II if you want a strat shape.
the mh-1000 can't compare with those.
I agree with the longer scaled length for lower tunings. The EC-1000 in Drop C was flopping all over the place even with beefy's on it. The MH on the other hand is fine.
Quote by michiel777
ESP Horizon or ESP M II if you want a strat shape.
the mh-1000 can't compare with those.

But of course, if you wana talk about high end guitars, they cant compare to ltd in a good way.
Trivium Rocks!!!