Page 1 of 5
Here's an article I just read about the new Rock Band controller:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098683p1.html

Apparently numbers will fly down the fretboard instead of colors...which leads me to believe that this will be the hardest ****ing game ever invented. How could someone play this game without knowing how to play guitar? And even if you can play guitar, it still takes time to practice songs, which means you can't just jump in there and sightread the music at full tempo. This whole thing just sounds too insane to work.
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
I love guitar elitism.
I support this game.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

This angers me ridiculously because now people won't be playing guitar to play music. They'll be playing guitar to play a game and to get a high score.
Quote by fail
\/ <-- my care vagina is empty
They clearly say in the article that the game is for the guitarists who have been saying Rock Band and Guitar Hero are stupid because you can just play a real guitar. A ton of people play or attempt to play guitar these days, so I bet it will sell, and at least it might help you develop a useful skill, rather than just a video game.

But yeah, it's still retarded. You can just go online and look up songs you actually WANT to learn, and learn them.
Yeah there is a game before RockBand that was doing this. There have been pics out for awhile.
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
Oy vey. Now everyone will be playing guitar, and there goes the elitism hahaa. Seems cool - i'd rather keep them seperate though. * shrugs *
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
Quote by ZanasCross
So... you're paying a lot to have tabs fall at you and then hear someone else play the notes?

"Dude I sound just like Van Halen!"

"That's because Van Halen is playing the note, you fuck up."

this. Just get a UG tab to scroll down and put on a backing track.
Quote by iamironman000
This angers me ridiculously because now people won't be playing guitar to play music. They'll be playing guitar to play a game and to get a high score.

Why do you care?

and the point of this is for people who already know how to play the song on real guitar. pretty cool if you ask me
This seems incredibly pointless. At least with Rock Band and Guitar Hero before it was a good party game that anybody could play. But now you need to be at least slightly skilled at guitar to play it.

And how the hell will you do solos?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Also, will there be an easy mode where you hit like fret 5-string 2 and it plays 27 notes?

If so, I'm not worried about losing my guitar 1337-ness to rockband kids.

"I can play the solo to "Through Fire and Flames"... listen! *bum* 3 seconds *bah-bum* 2 seconds *ba-da-dum* 3 seconds *balalala*"
I totally support it.

If that's what it takes to get people to do something useful, then by all means. It's basically the same premise as WiiFit or those "learning" games. Trick people into learning/doing something by making a game out of it.
It is not a great business decision...it will not have a huge market. and the few that do buy it who I believe will not be actual dedicated guitarist will get bored/annoyed and return to regular guitar game controller.

I never really like rock band most because the people playing it thought they knew music. But the simplicity of it makes something to spread like wild fire. But I would limit it to only 3 games considering each successive game dropped in popularity simply because it gets very repetitive.
this could be great. this could teach people how to play the guitar and teach them properly and teach them well. I really don't see an amatuer picking up this game and playing a song perfectly, there will have to be tutorials on how to play basics chords, power chords, how to pick properly etc etc.

it just like colour and number coded learning.
Come listen to some of my songs:

My Music
I think this is ****ing AWESOME!

I play the guitar and I've always had a soft spot for Guitar hero/rock band. It's what prompted me to finally get off my ass and learn to play. (I went into "practice" mode on expert to "learn" a song, and had the standard "this is stupid I should invest the time in learning to play the real thing") And I did.

I still regularly with my friends and it's fun. So it's not playing the real thing, who cares? I've always seen it as just another way to listen to music and share that musical experience.

But this plan by harmonix is amazing. Suddenly BAM! regardless of how musical everyone is in the room you can all share that same experience at the level they're at. I can pick up the strat and jam out on something, while my friend lays down a simple doublet rythym on the drums 'cause that's what he can do and my other friend plays hard level base. But suddenly for the purposes of the shared experience you're all on the same level, and everyone can challenge themselves.

This is a great thing for music. I don't understand how it can be seen as anything but...
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by somedude789
Yeah there is a game before RockBand that was doing this. There have been pics out for awhile.
This.

It was some new game hoping to supplant Rock Band and Guitar Hero. You know, for the price you pay for these games, I bet you could get a starter pack with a halfway decent guitar, a small (probably crappy) amp, and accessories. So...why the fuck do people even buy these lameass games?

Quote by BMGfan
This is a great thing for music. I don't understand how it can be seen as anything but...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 16, 2010,
http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/1547/139.489 gives you a better idea about what your doing. besides, then you can plug your crap-o-caster into your peavey 6505. I think it will be good, except ibanez should have gotten the contract

if this game sells out, then more guitarist=more UG members, then maybe well get a site upgrade.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
If the game could analyze properly the players' playing techniques, like tempo precision, dynamics, finger positioning etc., it could easily become a very powerful learning tool even for people who already play... almost like a virtual guitar teacher.

But the guitar would have to be amp-compatible so people could play without the game as well.
Last edited by |_JR_| at Jun 16, 2010,
Who gives a shit? Either you play guitar or you play a plastic guitar, chances are good your music still sucks and I won't ever hear your shitty music anyway.
Hey, it sure beats kids coming into a Guitar Center and trying to play Sweet Child of Mine on a guitar because they played it on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. At least now, they'll have some practice.
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by Tarsplitter
This helps new guitarists to get into playing guitar.
I know it does, but I think this has got to the point where people should invest in an actual guitar instead.
Hey.

It'll quickly teach people how to play without having to look at their fretting hand or their picking hand.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Tarsplitter
This helps new guitarists to get into playing guitar.

So you haters just stfu.

fix'd

looks cool, i will probably buy it.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by |_JR_|
But the guitar would have to be amp-compatible so people could play without the game as well.

It is.
My issue with the whole thing is that people bought Guitar Hero because it was simple, and everyone could have fun at parties. When the game becomes so difficult that you can't just pick up and play it, it loses its party game value. People play Guitar Hero and Rock Band to have fun, not to practice the same lick over and over again at slow tempos. I just can't imagine the Guitar Hero/Rock Band audience, which consists of 10-15 year old boys (no offense everyone else), sitting around a screen practicing for hours.
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
Good video Rushpython.

I approve. Looks like more fun than the 5 buttons.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
For the price of the controller, you can buy a perfectly good started guitar.

Point?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by ZanasCross

"Dude I sound just like Van Halen!"

"That's because Van Halen is playing the note, you fuck up."

I lol'd in real life...
hrrmmm, i think the next rock band will be, rock band:math.

Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
If only you could use any guitar in it
The Internet: It's serious business
Quote by AeroRocker
For the price of the controller, you can buy a perfectly good started guitar.

Point?

Isn't It?
Page 1 of 5