Since I'm buying a Strat within the next few weeks, I've been thinking about getting a metal pickguard and pimping it out a little. Where can I get one like the one in the picture, that covers everything EXCEPT the pickguard? (Oh, and is it still called a pickguard?)

How hard are they to install? How much do they cost?
To get an engraved one?? Probably a lot, I've never seen those pickguards other than on custom guitars... Its gonna be insanely hard to do... Cause 1, the strat has no holes to drill a thing like that to the front of the body, and 2, the strats body isnt flat...
I don't know how much you're spending on the actual guitar, but if its not a lot then don't bother, get a better sounding guitar... No point making one look good then it sound like bullshit... But if it's gonna be say an american strat, then i'd wait and get a guitar from a custom shop that has some stuff like this cause getting one custom made especially will probably cost maybe 100-200 dollars... and then putting it on the actual guitar involves drilling holes into it. I personally wouldn't bother, I'd get a guitar that'll already look cool enough without putting stuff on it... For example, a nice fender stratocaster :P
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I've been looking to etch a few pedal enclosures and what I've read (I assume it's similar to etching a pedal) it isn't an "insanely hard process. You could always try to find a plain metal pickguard and etch it yourself. Which I would assume would be much cheaper.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I don't know how much you're spending on the actual guitar, but if its not a lot then don't bother, get a better sounding guitar... No point making one look good then it sound like bullshit... But if it's gonna be say an american strat, then i'd wait and get a guitar from a custom shop that has some stuff like this cause getting one custom made especially will probably cost maybe 100-200 dollars... and then putting it on the actual guitar involves drilling holes into it. I personally wouldn't bother, I'd get a guitar that'll already look cool enough without putting stuff on it... For example, a nice fender stratocaster :P

Well if I were to do this, I'd get it done onto a Lonestar Strat, which in and of itself is a fantastic instrument... but I'm assuming that these would be really expensive to find.
Can you draw? Etching is not difficult. Trace out a Strat pick guard and have at it.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5979945_etch-metal.html

DaMarsbarPerson, I'm not trying to be a dick because you might be giving me information here I just don't understand. Can you explain:
1, the strat has no holes to drill a thing like that to the front of the body

and
2, the strats body isnt flat...
Razbo yeah what I mean is... The picture of what he's showing isn't actually a pickguard... its to go on top of the body itself... and the strat's body isn't a flat surface like for example a gibson explorer
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Razbo yeah what I mean is... The picture of what he's showing isn't actually a pickguard... its to go on top of the body itself... and the strat's body isn't a flat surface like for example a gibson explorer

Yer right. That pic covers everything on the Tele except the pickguard
Can you draw? Etching is not difficult. Trace out a Strat pick guard and have at it.

Actually.. I'm not a bad artist. I'll try and make my own!