Poll: Which is better: Yamaha RGX-A2 or Fender Stratocaster Standard HSS MIM 2009
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is better: Yamaha RGX-A2 or Fender Stratocaster Standard HSS MIM 2009
Yamaha RGX-A2
5 29%
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS MIM 2009
12 71%
Voters: 17.
the RGX is made in japan,so I think quality is better and is extremely lightweight because of its AIR construction

but obviously the fender will DOMINATE the poll cause its somewhat overrated

The RGX is way ahead,yamaha offers way more for your money..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 16, 2010,
The RGX is a very cool guitar, good fun to play for ages due to the light body. But i have to go for the strat just because i like modding guitars and thats easy to do with a strat
Its all about if it fits to your tastes. Personally I don't see anything wrong with getting a MIM strat because you can get nice pickup configs like HSH and such. I also like the way a strat feels, nothing else like it.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Last edited by nivlarama at Jun 16, 2010,
If you want a fender... don't get a mexican standard. at least go for a roadhouse or powerhouse strat, those are awesome.

and yeah, yamahas are worth 5 times their price.
Most people think MIM's are crap but when played in the store they're not set up at all. A simple set up is all that's needed to save a couple hundred bucks in buying an MIA. All strats are really just the same lol..
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by nivlarama
Most people think MIM's are crap but when played in the store they're not set up at all. A simple set up is all that's needed to save a couple hundred bucks in buying an MIA. All strats are really just the same lol..

I respectfully disagree..IMO MIA>MIM

american strat>japanese strat>yamaha RGX a2>MIM strats
i've never met a yamaha electric that i really clicked with. there have been a few really cool models they've made over the years, but all the ones i've played have felt less than awesome. this is a really general question though. we'd need to know more about the specs you're looking for and what you want out of the guitar.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip