That's right ladies and gentlemen, its a new TSTPIG day... confused? Well...so am I.

ON TO THE FIRST ITEM!

Since joining this forum, I've been seeing one piece of advice repeated over and over and over and over again...well, two pieces of advice (Get rid of that Spider/MG and get TOOBZ!).

The other piece goes a little something like this:

Me (Noob): Hey, i don't like my tone...I want it to be instantly better! What can I dooo?

Awesome people (MatrixClaw usually): Get a Tubescreamer.

So...I did it.

I like it. It really smooths out the distortion from my Rebel 20, and gives it...well, its hard to describe. So my friends think I wasted my money when i can't even explain what it does, but YOU guys know what I'm talkin about.

So that's the TS (TubeScreamer) in the TSTPIG day. What's the TP you ask?

Toilet Paper.

No, for realz though...

I'm in love with this pedal. For those of you who don't know what it does, you can strum all your strings at once, and it will tell you which onces are out of tune. It also automatically switches to chromatic tuning mode (needle or strobe) when you pick one string. Cuts down on my tuning time by a ton.

So THAT is the TP (Tuner Pedal). Now...what is the IG?

Well, I was excited to use these new toys with my Les Paul...that is...until my graduation gift arrived.

Yes my friends...that is a ZR Tremolo.

YES! The IG is Ibanez Guitar.

I'm in love with this thing. The last floating trem I had was an Edge III...and...well...it doesn't even compare to this thing. What surprises me the most is that such a stable tremolo system can be found on fairly cheap S series guitars.

On to the problems with this guitar. The factory setup is not very good, so I'm taking it into my local guitar dood for a proper setup on Friday. Also, the pickups are pretty bad. I'll need to replace them down the line (Thinking Evo II in bridge, Liquifire in Neck, and a Heavy Blues II in the middle).

Anyway, the tuning is fairly stable atm, but with a proper setup it should be perfect. I'll have sound samples on here in a couple days, once the guitar is good to go, and I can really show you guys what it is supposed to sound like.

Thanks for reading my stupid ramblings, and sorry about the blurry pics...I'd get a camera that isn't built into my phone, but my money always ends up in a Guitar Center cash register for some reason...

-Sean
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Sweet, that Ibby is sexah.

You wouldn't happen to live in LA would you? Cuz i know a guy from LA who plays a LP, just graduated, named Sean, and talkes kinda like you
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by nightraven
congrats man!
you going for that symmetrical clipping settings on your ts9?

Wait.......WHA?????
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by classicrocker01
Sweet, that Ibby is sexah.

You wouldn't happen to live in LA would you? Cuz i know a guy from LA who plays a LP, just graduated, named Sean, and talkes kinda like you

Nah, I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area.

This Sean sounds like an awesome guy though...
Quote by rmr024

Actually I think it was LA, might of been San Francisco.................

Actually he was awesome, he was in MO and his cousin got me and him together for a jam. His skillz made me look like a newb lol.

So can I have your old LP?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Wow, nice stuff man!

Question for you, how are the classic rock tones on the Rebel 20? does it OD nicely?

TM
Nice.

I know what you mean about the tube Screamer and what it does.....just tell them it tightens up your sound....that's how I think of it.

Oh...BTW.....got another Sean here....gotta love the spelling.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
sweet

tell your friends the tubescreamer tightens and b00sts (spell it like that to be cooler)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SLonergan
Me (Noob): Hey, i don't like my tone...I want it to be instantly better! What can I dooo?

Awesome people (MatrixClaw usually): Get a Tubescreamer.

So...I did it.

Glad you're liking the stuff man. S series Ibanezs are awesome. Love my Prestige!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by classicrocker01
Actually I think it was LA, might of been San Francisco.................

Actually he was awesome, he was in MO and his cousin got me and him together for a jam. His skillz made me look like a newb lol.

So can I have your old LP?

Of course you can!

Actually I've got it all set up in half step down tuning now.

To whoever asked about the Rebel 20s Classic Rock tones...that's where it shines for me. I love how it sounds playing Zeppelin and GN'R, and I haven't even been able to crank it.
Quote by rmr024

Update...tuning stability is going downhill, but I'm hoping that's just because I haven't had it set up yet.

Anyone know if a proper set up will help the tuning stability?
Quote by rmr024

Tuning stability on those trems is rock solid after setup, but chances are that's just the factory strings stretching out. My advice: Stretch them out, unlock, retune, repeat until fully stable.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Cool new gear. I don't feel bad about not being able to figure out what TSTPIG meant in light of seeing all that!
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Tuning stability on those trems is rock solid after setup, but chances are that's just the factory strings stretching out. My advice: Stretch them out, unlock, retune, repeat until fully stable.

The reason I'm thinking it needs a setup is because it was shipped from the east coast, and I thought that the combination of shipping + temperature change was supposed to really screw with a setup.
Quote by rmr024

Nice choices. Happy alphabet day.
Those ZR trems look awesome, I've never tried one myself. I guess they make a 7 string version too?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
hey i got a polytune too. it's awesome isn't it? a lot faster.

also i'm a big fan of the zr trem. it's probably the best locking trem out there imo.

rock out.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
hey i got a polytune too. it's awesome isn't it? a lot faster.

also i'm a big fan of the zr trem. it's probably the best locking trem out there imo.

rock out.

Yeah, the polytune is great....I'm in love with it.
Quote by rmr024