Hey guys,

The summer holidays are coming fast and I want to replace one of my beloved guitars. The guitar I would like to sell is an Ibanez s470. Problem is that I have never sold ANYTHING over the internet before. The guitar has some nicks in it, but none that are horribly obvious. (You only notice it during polishing.) And its perhaps 2 years old now. Serial indicates that it was made in 2007 though I don't like going by serial.

I thought about listing it on ebay but I have a fear that no one will buy it. Any advice as to what I should do? Even the most mundane reminder such as "Change the strings." will help.

Thanks guys.
Learning the guitar one note at a time.

Check out my youtube account !

Remember that subscriptions and constructive feedback is always helpfull.
I recently sold an Ibanez Artcore over Craigslist.. just post it up with your email/phone number and wait. Remember to add pictures. Be patient.
Good quality pictures are a must. Use natural light from behind you and stay back and zoom in. For some reason this (in my experience) makes better overall pics online. Good close-ups are necessary too especially if you have nicks, bumps, or bruises. There's nothing worse than buying something online than what is represented in the pictures. Be honest and you'll do fine.
pictures and a honest description are usually appealing to buyers. i noticed you have a youtube channel so perhaps a video of the guitar and show it in action

in my opinion, s470s are decent guitars so its likely it would sell on ebay.. setting a reasonable minimum price doesn't cost much, but having 0 previous deals is a drawback

doing it localy through craigslist is something to try before ebay, but I wouldn't put up your phone, have an email and if someone seems seriously interested then give them a phone number
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
having 0 previous deals is a drawback

That's one of my worries to be honest. I am sure to make a video demoing how the guitar sounds and to take enough photos so that the potential buyer can get to know every fingerprint on the guitar before buying it.

in my opinion, s470s are decent guitars

In my opinion I find they are a little too thin, that's just a personal preferance though.
Learning the guitar one note at a time.

Check out my youtube account !

Remember that subscriptions and constructive feedback is always helpfull.
the internet and ebay in particular offer no guarentees. you can list it and it might not sell. keep in mind that there are tons of guitars on ebay so unless you have somehting truely desirable or are selling at a really cheap price it's gonna be a crap shoot. try craigslist. also if you do, consider trades for a guitqar you'd be happier with. i went this route and although it took several listings a ffew months i got what i wanted and the other guy was thrilled as well.