God PLEASE someone help me before I smash my guitar up. I've only been playing 6 months and am currently learning the song Dakota by stereophonics and I just cannot nail the rhythem, i'm fine on the verse but the chorus and intro sound shit. I seem to make the same mistake over and over again I just end up doing really fast down strokes instead of proper rhythem playing. On slower songs I can play the rhythem fine because I can really hear where the up and down strokes are but anything faster i'm screwed and just end up doing fast down strokes. I need some serious help. p.s cant afford lessons
helen
Get TuxGuitar or Guitar Pro, load up a file of the song, and set it slower. Get the rhythm down at a slower speed and build it up bit-by-bit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
alternate pick
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Get TuxGuitar or Guitar Pro, load up a file of the song, and set it slower. Get the rhythm down at a slower speed and build it up bit-by-bit.

Do what he says. Or you can get an audio editor software like Audacity or Transcribe! that allows you to slow down the song.
Or just load it up in windows media player and use the half-speed option
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
In addition to DaddyTwoFoots reply you can put repeats on the tricky parts so that you don't have to start the song every 10 seconds
You'll Never Walk Alone!