I dont think the Fender trems are as dynamic as the Floyds are... dont quote me though, I dont spend too much time with my trem on.
I pride myself on my humility.
you can do a lot of stuff, you'll just go out of tune quickly
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by JohnnyApplecore
If you use locking tuners, you should be able to. Otherwise, intonation might be a problem.

No it won't, it's got nothing to do with intonation.

Will probably go out of tune though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You can do Dive Bombs but most non-locking trems can't do pull-ups.
With locking tuners you should be able to stay in tune, but don't try to do Vai like tricks.
Hola.
Quote by luyano
With locking tuners you should be able to stay in tune, but you can't do Vai like tricks.

Fix'd for you.

The biggest difference between a Fender tremolo and an FR or any of its bastard spawn is that the FR and its children can raise the pitch of the note, whereas the Fender bridge can only lower the pitch. Hence, a lot of Vai's fluttering, harmonics, and the like would be difficult if not impossible to do. Plus, most guitars which I've seen with a Fender-style bridge don't have locking tuners stock, so unless you've put those on after market, you're gonna go out of tune really fast doing dive bombs.
You will be able to do dive bombs, you won't be able to do like pull the bar in the opposite direction. After a few years of doing heavy dive bombs then your guitar will start going out of tune. There not really designed to do Dive bombs but can still be achieved.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
On my american strat when it came... the tremolo was actually floating... which is i hear what they're trying to do on all guitars now in the american range.
I went to town on that thing and it still stayed in tune... The only problem was that hot weekend about a month ago in the UK the heat expanded my strings so much the bridge stopped floating and now if i wanted it that way again i'd have to get my tech to do it ... Bad times
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by ibrahimasood
There not really designed to do Dive bombs but can still be achieved.

This.
When they came out with the trems, there was no such thing as a dive-bomb.
It was basically only designed with the idea of using it for smooth, light vibrato.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.