i know a tritone is an augemented forth, but that makes no sense to me.

would i be right to say a tritone is just six frets down from the root on a guitar.

so E is A#
A is D#
D is G#
G is C#
B is F
C is A#

or is that completely wrong?
i thought this was about zelda
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Playing the tritone will summon demons from hell that kidnap Zelda. Idk if someone already said that...
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
haha i love how this became a zelda thread
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
haha i love how this became a zelda thread

I'm not even a nerd!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

Quote by The4thHorsemen
your sig is relevant to this discussion.

always is!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

Quote by buckerf
i know a tritone is an augemented forth, but that makes no sense to me.

would i be right to say a tritone is just six frets down from the root on a guitar.

so E is A#
A is D#
D is G#
G is C#
B is F
C is A#

or is that completely wrong?

A tritone is used for both augmented fourth and diminished fifth, but the original use is exclusively for augmented fourth (in major scale there are three whole steps between 4 and 7, where the augmented fourth occurs).

Now, what you've done is mixed augmented fourths with a diminished fifth and an augmented sixth. So little correction here:

From B to F is a diminished fifth, if you want an augmented fourth, it's B to E#. From C it's F#.

Yes both dim5 and aug4 are ''sixth frets away'', but that won't you get anywhere. You need to abandon that ''just x frets here and there'' kind of thinking, otherwise learning intervals is pointless if you don't really understand what it's all about.
If you don't want to learn the theory behind it, I usually think of a tritone as one string higher and one fret higher than whatever note you're on (except between G and B strings, where its 2 frets higher like a power chord).

But knowing theory will allow you to know when and how to apply tritones. Yes it is aug4 but I always think of it as dim5, just because 5ths are easier for me to locate when I'm playing.