Page 1 of 3
Father's Day is coming up, I was wondering if anyone knew any songs I could listen to this Sunday
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
My Orphan Year - NOFX
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
ChEdit: ^^ Damn you ninjas!!

Best of Times - Dream Theater

Makes me feel weak inside every time I hear it.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Leper Messiah - Metallica

Not specifically about losing a parent, but written about religion because his mom died because of her beliefs in Christian Science.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Mudmen190

I know that was probably a joke, but I was under the impression that TS has lost a parent, and your post wasn't exactly sensitive to that

Shame on you sir
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
Until it sleeps - Metallica

about losing his dad to cancer, I hear
Last edited by metallinutter at Jun 16, 2010,
There are other Metallica songs on this topic, like Until it Sleeps. Perhaps Mama Said aswell, not sure.
AHHHHH!!!!! It's a Tommy Emmanuel song originally by Chet Atkins and it would be perfect for self pity... It's one of the few that he sings on. DAMMIT I can't think of it! I'll give anyone an E-puppy if they can think of it!
afterlife-Testament
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
He died 3 years ago last Friday, but I never really made any sort of playlist to get me through Father's Day. God knows all my friends are celebrating with their fathers, so I kinda just chill at home

Anyway, thank you everyone for the suggestions
First thing I thought of when I read the title was Judith by A Perfect Circle, though its about Maynard's mom.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
My Father's Shoes by Level 42. A song not only about losing a father, but also about how sometimes money and success cannot replace family.
Quote by you = fail
He died 3 years ago last Friday, but I never really made any sort of playlist to get me through Father's Day. God knows all my friends are celebrating with their fathers, so I kinda just chill at home

Anyway, thank you everyone for the suggestions

Sad to hear that man. Not having a father there throughout your life is a tough thing.
Guernica - Brand New

Its actually about his grandfather dying of cancer, but i think it works
Metallica - Dyers Eve
"Wait, he smokes marijuana?!?! I thought he only does weed!"

-Ignorant Friend #1

"How many shots are there in a 26er?"

-Ignorant Friend #2

"No I don't want a two-four, I only like beeer!"

-Ignorant Friend #1
Yea, I mean, I dealt with it early on. He was diagnosed with a terminal disease about 5 years before that. And he was in the Navy before that, usually on 6 month departures. But it still sucks.
Im starting to cope with it better. My first year of college is coming up in August, so I hope that will help me mature a little
Second Heartbeat - A7X
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Alive - Pearl Jam

IIRC the song is about Vedder never knowing his biological father until he dies, and his mother tells him when he was 13...may suit, idkno. Just my 2 cents.

Possibaly Daddy's Gone - Glasvegas? not a fan of the band personally, but yeah...

| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Catch 22 - As the Footsteps Die Out Forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OGn7hV1rno

If I remember correctly, it's about a friend's mother who was dying of something.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
EDIT: ^^ YES!!

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

The fact that it's about losing a mother rather than a father doesn't change the fact that it's a much better song than Best of Times
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by sadSTATUE
My Orphan Year - NOFX

+1 NoFX is my favorite band for now

Quote by Bizarro
Sorry, but its true.
Meatstick-Phish

Gonna make the mountains be my home....