(Tried searchbarring and couldn't find anything related)

On some songs I'm learning, they have things like this:

-----------------------------------------
-------13----(12)----12----(0)-------
-------11----(10)----12----(0)-------
-----------------------------------------

I take it those are hammer ons/pulloffs on chords so could anyone give me any advice on correct techique for doing this. It's new to me.
they are ghost notes =D
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Those are notes you don't really have to play, and if you do play them really quiet any way you want, I guess a good idea would be doing a gently Hammer On/Pull Off but not strumming so there's only a faint sound, but these kind of notes are mostly found in studio versions and are a product of mixing, masterizing and all that stuff.
Quote by almosthuman36
Learning sheet music will add to your knowledge of music theory, which will add to your knowledge of writing, which will make your songs sound better, which will make you more popular, which will increase your chances of getting laid.
Also, another two more questions:

What does it mean in guitar pro when there's a smaller fret number next to normal sized fret numbers?

What does it mean when theres a black arrow pointing down or up next to fret numbers?
Last edited by Blacknoise at Jun 17, 2010,
The black arrow means which direction you should be strumming.
Quote by almosthuman36
Learning sheet music will add to your knowledge of music theory, which will add to your knowledge of writing, which will make your songs sound better, which will make you more popular, which will increase your chances of getting laid.
Quote by Blacknoise
What does it mean in guitar pro when there's a smaller fret number next to normal sized fret numbers?

That's a grace note. The small number means you play that quickly before hitting the big number (and the big number is usually played on the beat, so that means the little number is played just before it, so the big number lands on the beat).

Quote by Blacknoise
What does it mean when theres a black arrow pointing down or up next to fret numbers?

That means to strum in that direction. And just so you know, an arrow under (not next to) the fret numbers means to down/up pick.