hi, so a year has passed since i started playing acoustic and now i want to move on electric guitar. im a big fan of mick thomson and what to play some music sort of he does. i would be greatful if you could choose also amp for it. any suggestions??
If you have only about $300, You might consider the ibanez metal guitar jumpstart pack: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121-Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877 7. Mick does play Ibanez. I received this pack for xmas 1.5 yrs ago and it served its purpose well. I really liked it.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Line 6 Spider IV 75w

Digitech Whammy Pedal

Dunlop Crybaby

Boss DS-1

Ibanez Jumpstart Metal Guitar

Ibanez Jumpstart 15w amp
You wont get any helpful answers without giving us a budget, and an idea of what music youre into...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Quote by barfrog
You wont get any helpful answers without giving us a budget, and an idea of what music youre into...

"im a big fan of mick thomson and what to play some music sort of he does"
Quote by LiquidFear
"im a big fan of mick thomson and what to play some music sort of he does"

Yeah im sure he likes more than one band?
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Unless your budget is super, super limited, I would recommend going with a starter amp and decent beginner guitar over a starter set. For $300, you can get a Peavey Vypyr 15W/Roland Cube 15X and a Yamaha Pacifica 112J, and then the cables and a tuner will be a wee bit extra (shouldn't be more than $20ish)... and that'll be much better than any starter set you can get for that price.