Hey UG!
I am currently thinking about getting another guitar. The two alternatives I'm thinking about are:
Epiphone Flying V ´67 Used.
http://www.blocket.se/jamtland/Epiphone__67_Flying_V_Cream_White_by_Gibson_27762008.htm?ca=10&w=3
The add is in Swedish. Cost about 270 Euro.

Epiphone Explorer Goth. Brand new from Thomann.de
http://www.thomann.de/se/epiphone_gothic_explorer.htm
Cost 299Euro, as you can see.

Which one would you buy?
I don't have any chance to play any one of them before an eventual purchase. Sure, the V is in Sweden (Where i live) but it's about 500km away.

My plans are to keep the new guitar as my E/ D# guitar, have my EX-400 for D/ Drop C and my Les Paul Special 2 in C# - Drop A.

Thanks in advance
Noob on most guitar-oriented stuff.

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
How about saving money and getting a professional guitar instead of the third low budget one?
Like a Gibson Flying V Faded? Yeah, could be worth a try. To bad i suck at saving money :P

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
Yeah a faded Gibson or maybe a Gibson Les Paul Studio or a standard Explorer...
Save up the cash and keep your eyes out for great used guitars!
Well... I know how you feel. Thats how I ended up buying the crappy Cort VX2V. Thinking, whoah great guitar... but after a while it got reaally boring. Guitar started to fall apart actually :p
Just try to save up for the real deal, Gibson. You won't regret it, not even after years of playing on it.
But, if you just cant wait for a new guitar, or its not possible to save up ...go for the V
Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
The Faded V is pretty awesome. A friend has had one for years, and it's still in good shape. It's literally identical to the expensive V, but less pretty. I bought a Faded Les Paul, redid the finish with a rubbed stain/nitro, and swapped out the pickups ... it actually sounds BETTER than my real Les Paul. The rubbed finish isn't as durable, but it's much thinner, which lets the guitar sustain a little longer. It also weighs less.

If you can get a used Faded V, you'd probably be looking at something like 400 Euro. I think. I'm bad with math. Either way, it won't cost much more. Since they aren't collectible, the resale value is junk, so it's the perfect guitar to buy used.
The prices on used Gibsons here in Sweden is, in my opinion, quite high. I seriously doubt that I could find a Faded V for less than 666Euro that a brand spanking new one costs at thomann.de
http://www.thomann.de/se/gibson_flying_v_faded.htm
But i will keep my eyes open, for sure.

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
Okay, now i can't take my eyes of "real" Explorers and Vs. The "Classic White" Explorer is just to die for :P
Just a question. What does G.A.S mean? I see it all the time here and on other guitar related forums.
Once again, thanks

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
Quote by thomson125
Okay, now i can't take my eyes of "real" Explorers and Vs. The "Classic White" Explorer is just to die for :P
Just a question. What does G.A.S mean? I see it all the time here and on other guitar related forums.
Once again, thanks

Gear or guitar acquisition syndrome

*hangs head* Been infected for years
Quote by thomson125
Once again, thanks
Like this one?

Don't discount the Epi Explorer. I've had one for 4 years and I've used it as a test bed for trying various PUs.

How about, for each cheap guitar you buy until a high-end one, we punch you?

I had an Epiphone Explorer for nearly a year. It wasn't bad, but the neck just wasn't for me. Decent though. Their Goth version isn't as good, but different strokes for different folks.

I like their Flying V's too, but I've got the VMNT and don't want another V.

Now, you can get a used Gibson Explorer for $800ish, and a used Faded V for even less. That's 2 or 3 cheap guitars, but it'll be worth it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
of those i'd prefer the explorer shape but damn i absolutely hate those BR00T4LZZ black colors so i'd definitly get the V if i was in your position since shape preference for me is like 60-40 between these two