http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VTH1MU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05XYQJWDB6HMCVNJMFV8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I've come to the conclusion that I will get this guitar. But I saw some close ups of it. The pick guard looks completely ridiculous. My question is, would it hurt the guitar if I took the pick guard off?
no, you can take it off,, there will be two holes, but just put the screws in there and it's not really noticeable
only where your pick scratches the finish, and trust me it will scratch.
Quote by iduno871
only where your pick scratches the finish, and trust me it will scratch.

Hmm, true. I just wish the pick guard looked better at the bottom. Because at the bottom of the pick guard, it extends about an inch from the guitar. Irks me SO bad.
Why does it look ridiculous? It will scratch without it.

You can probably find a million and one different replacement pick guards online if that one really irks your gizzard
I (still, after everything) believe in Billy Corgan.
Quote by whiteandblack
Hmm, true. I just wish the pick guard looked better at the bottom. Because at the bottom of the pick guard, it extends about an inch from the guitar. Irks me SO bad.

What are the odds that I knew that the pick guard irked you
I (still, after everything) believe in Billy Corgan.
this is coming from someone who owns a LP. i took the pick guard off of mine, and the holes are barely noticable, and i dont think i've ever scratched the actual guitar
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by MoFly41
Why does it look ridiculous? It will scratch without it.

You can probably find a million and one different replacement pick guards online if that one really irks your gizzard

Ah, that makes sense. I looked up pick guards and all I saw were fender pick guards. I'll just looks at some new sites. Thanks.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
this is coming from someone who owns a LP. i took the pick guard off of mine, and the holes are barely noticable, and i dont think i've ever scratched the actual guitar

Same here!

I've just put the screws back in the holes without the pickguard and it looks fine.

Also you could just replace the pickguard with one that spikes your intrest better.

But really in person, they don't look that bad, and on most Les Pauls, pickguards are pretty far off the body anyways because of the carved top.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Just take it off and put the screws back in.

LPs should never have pickguards, IMO.

Besides, it's the Epiphone one, which means it has poly finish on it. I wouldn't be too worried about scratching that.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--

Agreed. The poly finish is pretty thick ... you could throw drumsticks at it all day, and you'd have to tilt the guitar to see any damage to the finish. Unless you use metal picks, or you play it constantly for years, you'll never see damage. I don't do much gigging, but my Paul has never had a pickguard, and 10 years later it's fine. Besides, the probability is that your arm will wear the finish off the body long before the pick does, and there's nothing you can do about that part.
^ This, especially with the Gibson ones.

Most of the finish wear I've ever seen on really beat to hell Les Pauls has always been at the top of the body where the arm rests and at the bottom on the back where it rubs your belt.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Same here!

I've just put the screws back in the holes without the pickguard and it looks fine.

Also you could just replace the pickguard with one that spikes your intrest better.

But really in person, they don't look that bad, and on most Les Pauls, pickguards are pretty far off the body anyways because of the carved top.

Do you know of any curved pickguards that might go with it?
You could always buy some blank pickguard plastic and make your own to whatever shape floats your boat - it aint brain surgery.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've taken the pickguard off of my Les Paul and I haven't noticed and pick scratches and I use a copper tip pick.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Meh, personally, I can't stand Les Pauls without the pickguard, there's just something "off" about them without it

Now the copies (ESP, etc), that's a different story.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by whiteandblack

That's how ALL les pauls look.

It has to be that way because the top of the guitar is carved, not flat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com