Hey guys

I'm looking for a 7 string guitar roughly about £600- £800 is about my budget. I would like to play the likes of Korn and Meshuggah on it, does anybody have any recommendations .
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
If it were up to me to pick, I'd buy something from rondomusic.com. they have really good quality guitars that are really cheap, mostly because they're not from "big name" manufacturers (Ibanez, Fender, ESP etc...)
Quote by omgiplayguitar
If it were up to me to pick, I'd buy something from rondomusic.com. they have really good quality guitars that are really cheap, mostly because they're not from "big name" manufacturers (Ibanez, Fender, ESP etc...)

he's in europe the price difference in negated there. That being said, my Agile interceptor is absolutely sick and i love it to death.

can't go wrong with schector, ibanez, or ESP tho.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Thanks for your responses guys, looking into the Ibanez RG7321 as suggested by connorhxcchaos, looks and sounds quite good. Any other suggestions?
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Not to jack the thread, but has Ibanez stopped producing the RG1527's? If so, how come? They look killer...
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
Quote by Alex Vik
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG1527

Doesn't look like they've stopped to me.

Yeah, I've seen that, but what about MF and GC? They don't carry it...
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
I would go a step further and get a RGA8 or Damien Elite 8 seeing you like Meshuggah
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
No. Do NOT get a 7321.

If you want a 7-string, I'd STRONGLY suggest ordering from Rondomusic, not because of the price, but because of the fact that they are of very high quality and have longer necks, plus a much broader variety of 7's then any other manufaturer.

If you absolutely don't want to order from Rondomusic, I'd suggest the Stephen Carpenter signature that was posted above.

EPIC 7-STRINGS!

Quote by Quaned
I would go a step further and get a RGA8 or Damien Elite 8 seeing you like Meshuggah

No friggin way. If you want an 8, stick to Agiles, because 27" scale just doesn't cut it for the low F tuning without putting steel cables as strings on. My 8-string is a 28.5" scale, and I STILL have to put on a .75 to get the low F tight enough.

EPIC 8-STRINGS!

I myself have an Agile and can vouch for their quality and sound. The necks are a little thicker than Ibanez necks, but nowhere near as thick as Schecter.

EDIT: and even if you order, it still barely comes around to ca. 550 Pounds, and for that (plus import tax, but don't know how your rates are) you get a bombastic guitar.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 17, 2010,
Bombastic is how I would describe my interceptor pro.

Seriously, it's awesome incarnate. I would HIGHLY reccomend agile to anyone looking at a ERG. I would have paid over $1000 for my interceptor.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Agile are no good for anyone in the UK. By the time you add in the shipping, VAT and import duties, you're paying more for an Agile than you would for a higher-end Schecter, LTD Deluxe series guitar, etc.

OP, Schecter and ESP/LTD are worth looking into. Both are typically cheaper here than Ibanez models will be and both have a range of seven strings in various body styles.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The Ibanez APEX-2 is a great guitar, I'm not suggesting that you buy it just because it's Munky's sig, it's a really cheap guitar for it's quality.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Im in the same boat as you and im looking at the Ibanez S7420 as the main candidate as its at the bottom end of your budget and could sound amazing with a pickup change.

Other than that Im looking the way of an RGA8 as that looks hawt too!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by MrFlibble
Agile are no good for anyone in the UK. By the time you add in the shipping, VAT and import duties, you're paying more for an Agile than you would for a higher-end Schecter, LTD Deluxe series guitar, etc.

OP, Schecter and ESP/LTD are worth looking into. Both are typically cheaper here than Ibanez models will be and both have a range of seven strings in various body styles.

what, that's not true.

Let's say you get this guitar

http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptor727rnbkflm.html

499, + case + shipping is 670 dollars, or 452 pounds.
And since I don't know UK'si import tax, I'll just use Germany's (I doubt it'll be higher than ours), which is 20%.

452 x 1.2 = 543 pounds for an awesome guitar with EMG's, a baritone neck, and excellent playability.

in comparison, a LTD SC-607b is 810 Pounds on thomann, which is the only other guitar I'd suggest the OP get.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_sc607b_bk.htm

Then again, I've never been a fan of Schecters due to their super thick necks.
Quote by Saminator
Yeah, I've seen that, but what about MF and GC? They don't carry it...

MF has never offered the 1527 and GC is special order. Nearly any other store will take your $1000 for one though.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
For the people talking about Schecters having super thick necks, I really want to know what's up with my C-7 Hellraiser then. I tried it out in comparison to several RGs and its neck was actually THINNER than those of the thinnest RG necks, even if just by a little.

Though, I have a friend who has an Agile. Great guitars. Though I don't know, Schecter is still a good idea. Down with the naysayers who say they have thick necks!